Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses
Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #871373] Sat, 12 May 2012 16:40 Go to next message
Andrea is currently offline AndreaFriend
It could be a stupid question, but is there the possibility to merge the
lines going from the child to the parent in a generalization
relationship when there are more children? Something like this:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtnlhelp/v6r0m0/topic/com.ibm.xtools.modeler.doc/images/general2.gif

So far I have only been able to draw two separate lines with two
separate arrows. Can't imagine that's the only way.

Thanks
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #871990 is a reply to message #871373] Tue, 15 May 2012 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Andrea,
to do a TreeRouting, you should select your Generalization link, then Right Click -> Format -> Line Style -> Tree Style Routing.

/Vincent
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #872196 is a reply to message #871990] Tue, 15 May 2012 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea is currently offline AndreaFriend
On 05/15/2012 11:03 AM, vincent lorenzo wrote:
> Hi Andrea, to do a TreeRouting, you should select your Generalization
> link, then Right Click -> Format -> Line Style -> Tree Style Routing.
>
> /Vincent

Thanks, that worked. It took me a few minutes to find out how it works,
as it is not really intuitive for me, but I finally got it.
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #1718946 is a reply to message #871373] Sun, 03 January 2016 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Hoener is currently offline Martin HoenerFriend
I am sorry that I have to revive such an old post, but I am new to Papyrus and I am having trouble with tree style.

I am using Papyrus 1.1.3 on WIn 10. I read the doc, tutorials, and searched the forum, but all I could find was this post and the page in the tutorial which states basically the same.

When I try to use it, the button is always greyed out (screenshot is attached)

This is what I did:

Select multiple edges between packages and blocks (I tried both diagram types) then clicked on the line style action menu. The rectlinear and oblique options are avalable, however tree style ist greyed out. The same with the right click menu.

index.php/fa/24464/0/
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #1719155 is a reply to message #1718946] Tue, 05 January 2016 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Martin,

It works for me, for both menus. Can you try with the equivalent option in the Appearance properties view? (Routing > Styles)

If it works there, then maybe the menus are overridden by another conflicting component that you might have installed. I think we use the generic GMF Commands in these menus (Sensitive to conflicts with other GMF plug-ins), whereas the properties view uses a custom implementation (That shouldn't conflict)

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #1719508 is a reply to message #1719155] Fri, 08 January 2016 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Camille,

thank you for your reply.
In the appearance properties view it kind of works. But it actually sets the style to what is equivalent to the rectilinear style. It doesn't do tree style. That is for block diagrams. Same thing for Packages. There it atually works with the menu button, but tree style does the same thing as rectinlinear style. It doesn't combine the lines, but it creates rectinlinear bending points (see screanshot).

For my installation it can't be conflictiong components, because I use the clean distribution provided on the Papyrus project page. I didn't install any other add-ons.

By the way. I can't use the 64-Bit Version on my Win 10 computer because it doesn't open, instead it shows an error Message, so I use the 32-Bit version.

Best regards,
Martin

index.php/fa/24551/0/
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #1720104 is a reply to message #1719508] Thu, 14 January 2016 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the Tree routing style is only sporadically working. There definitely seems to be a serious bug, which basically breaks the software and makes it useless! Would someone please care to help me.
Re: Merging generalization lines when using multiple subclasses [message #1730388 is a reply to message #871373] Mon, 25 April 2016 11:39 Go to previous message
Bayu Suwargo is currently offline Bayu SuwargoFriend
sadly, I've got the sampe problem with you...

I can't make composition association tree style routing Sad Sad

pls help thanks Smile
Previous Topic:Viewpoint "generic" diagram kind
Next Topic:How to apply Stereotype to org.eclipse.uml2.uml.State ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:31:11 GMT 2024