Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Trying to be a Committer(But not doing so well...)
Trying to be a Committer [message #871327] Sat, 12 May 2012 00:44 Go to next message
Bobby Missing name is currently offline Bobby Missing nameFriend
Hello,

First of all I want to assure you all that I'm not an idiot. I design circuit boards and write embedded FW for a robotics start-up out of MIT. I've been able to learn whatever I need to learn so far in life, and I'm confident that I'll be able to learn whatever I need to learn to be a committer.

I can't say that I've done a lot of development of Windows software, however. I used the information here (wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development) to try to get and build the Eclipse CDT project.

First of all, it's unclear in the link as to whether Eclipse Classic SDK 3.7, 3.8, or 4.2 should be used. All three are mentioned, so I got eclipse-SDK-4.2M1-win32. I also got cdt-master-8.0.2.zip, installed EGit 1.0, and the PDE/API Tools Environment. I then successfully cloned the Repository.

When I attempted to get the Dependencies, I couldn't get any of them except for SWTBot. All of the rest could not be found. Are these critical?

Next I tried to Build and Run the project. I have to admit that I don't usually use Eclipse for Building my C code, since my code is all embedded and requires other software for programming/debugging the code in an embedded processor.

When I selected "Build All," I get a whole bunch of errors. When I attempt to run "org.eclipse.cdt.ui" as an Eclipse Application, I also get a whole bunch of errors.

I attached the error logs to this message. Now, I realize that I haven't done a great job convincing anyone at this point that I am not an idiot...but could someone look at these logs and tell me what I don't have set up correctly?

Once I get to the point where I can build, I confident that I'll be able to figure things out and get myself to the point of where I'm useful. Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Thanks,
Bobby
Re: Trying to be a Committer [message #871459 is a reply to message #871327] Sun, 13 May 2012 21:21 Go to previous message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Maybe you should ask in CDT developers mailing list (https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev).
Previous Topic:X windows Sytem code not working
Next Topic:Errors when configurin Eclilpse CDT+Cygwin+SystemC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:47:02 GMT 2024