Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work(Test using remote AUT)
Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #871296] Fri, 11 May 2012 19:27 Go to next message
Daniel Vasilev is currently offline Daniel VasilevFriend
Hi. My testcase works perfectly on my local machine.

when setting up the remote scenario. I connect to the remote agent successfully, the agent starts the AUT successfully. and when I try to click the green triangle button or the small triangle next to it (the one that should drop a menu to select the test to run) nothing happens.

the button can be pressed, but nothing happens, the drop down menu doesn't drop.

• Attachment: jubula01.JPG
    (Size: 87.37KB, Downloaded 240 times)
Re: Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #871482 is a reply to message #871296] Mon, 14 May 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,
Does clicking on the small arrow also not cause the drop down menu to appear?

If the drop down menu doesn't appear, then that will probably mean that the Test Suite you want to execute doesn't use the AUT you have running - which itself probably means that you have created a separate AUT definition instead of a new AUT configuration for your remote start. Could that be the case?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #871687 is a reply to message #871482] Mon, 14 May 2012 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
nothing happens when I click it. clicking the small arrow to drop the menu is not responding. the green button can be pressed but nothing happens.

when connecting to the AUT agent I can chose to which one and I connect to the wanted machine, when successfully connected I can start the AUT (that program I wish to test) the wizard starts on the remote machine (I can physically see it on my extended window), but cannot test it.
Re: Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #871972 is a reply to message #871687] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Daniel,

does your Test Suite use the right AUT (the one that is running on the remote machine)? If not you cannot start the test. To set the used AUT in your Test Suite just open it in the Test Suite Editor and set the right AUT to use in the properties view (see screenshot).
HTH
Oliver
  • Attachment: Set_AUT.png
    (Size: 3.50KB, Downloaded 262 times)
Re: Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #872707 is a reply to message #871972] Wed, 16 May 2012 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Oliver the solution you mentioned was part of the problem. but now I have a new problem. I can only run the test after I map the action and the button using "Windows Remote Desktop". and while I have that window open. is it possible to map the buttons to the program installed on my local machine and then run the test on the same program installed on a remote machine?
Re: Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work [message #874537 is a reply to message #872707] Mon, 21 May 2012 05:48 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Daniel,

It sounds like you are still having the problem I suggested above. It sounds like you created a second AUT definition instead of a second AUT configuration. Different AUT definitions mean that each AUT has a different object map. Different configurations of the same AUT mean that they use the same object map, but are started in different ways (i.e. locally, remotely, with or without specific parameters).

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Configuring a Packaged MacOSX app
Next Topic:Upcoming events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:46:37 GMT 2024