Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Avoid aggregation for y-axis
Avoid aggregation for y-axis [message #871218] Fri, 11 May 2012 13:27 Go to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi everyone!
First of all I like BIRT and I managed to create some really nice reports for my tests.

Now I want to create a report for my test summary, I have different test runs for my test cases (x-axis). An equal test case in different test runs can be identified by its name. Because I want to compare the result of each test case I want to group them by their name. Every test run has a different date (y-axis).
I use optional y grouping (Test Succeful, Test Failed).

When I am using grouping for the x-axis it isn´t possible anymore to set "none" for aggregation of the y axis. I also cannot change x and y because y I need x for grouping the Test Case Names.

I want to see the test result for every test case for every run. Any ideas?
Re: Avoid aggregation for y-axis [message #878426 is a reply to message #871218] Tue, 29 May 2012 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
Hi, can you post sample of your data and required output (chart image)? I tried to understand your questions, but I failed Smile

Tomas
Re: Avoid aggregation for y-axis [message #878908 is a reply to message #878426] Wed, 30 May 2012 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tomas,

Thanks for answering. I add an example and a picture. For a better understanding of the picture: SI 06-02-01 is the test case based on the sample data. Every green dot or red cross represents a test run of this test case every day (via CI). SI 06-01-01 contains fictional values if I have a lot of changes and daily runs.
Re: Avoid aggregation for y-axis [message #878964 is a reply to message #878908] Wed, 30 May 2012 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
Ok, now I see Smile I don't think you can create such chart. However, you can consider using a crosstab. I'm attaching sample report, data and screenshot. I changed your data - coded success as 1 and failure as 0. Then you can create simple crosstab, add highlights and tweak formatting a little.

index.php/fa/9973/0/
  • Attachment: report.zip
    (Size: 3.22KB, Downloaded 150 times)
  • Attachment: screenshot.PNG
    (Size: 39.16KB, Downloaded 373 times)
icon14.gif  Re: Avoid aggregation for y-axis [message #878973 is a reply to message #878964] Wed, 30 May 2012 09:42 Go to previous message
Hi Tomas,
thank you for your help, I think this will do the job.
Previous Topic:Not able to sort on Grand Total in Crosstab Report
Next Topic:Customising BIRT Sample Viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:07:28 GMT 2024