Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » StyledTextXtextAdapter and minimum required extension-points
icon5.gif  StyledTextXtextAdapter and minimum required extension-points [message #871178] Fri, 11 May 2012 09:55 Go to next message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi all,
I've used in my project the StyledTextXtextAdapter class from the itemis JFace integration utils (taken from the yakindu project svn site).
For the moment I only need to expose the "enhanced" styled text editor that enables the user to edit pieces of expressions, and maybe in the future I'll expose the properties/preferences pages.

What are the (minimum) required extension-points (in the xtext projects of my grammar, both model and ui) needed by the StyledTextXtextAdapter to work correctly?

I tried to get rid of them all and the expression content assist and syntax coloring seems to work fine.
I thought for example that some of them, in primis the "org.eclipse.xtext.extension_resourceServiceProvider", would have been mandatory.

Thanks,
Massimo.
Re: StyledTextXtextAdapter and minimum required extension-points [message #871631 is a reply to message #871178] Mon, 14 May 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Muelder is currently offline Andreas MuelderFriend
Hi massimo,

the StyledTextAdapter is not supported by the xtext team, but you can use the yakindu user group yakindu-user@googlegroups.com for questions related to this project.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: StyledTextXtextAdapter and minimum required extension-points [message #905860 is a reply to message #871178] Fri, 31 August 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommaso De Sica is currently offline Tommaso De SicaFriend

Hi Massimo,

Were you able to use StyledTextXtextAdapter for open Xtext documents?

I need to create an Xtext editor in my e4 rcp, StyledTextXtextAdapter can be a solution?

Very thank you.
Re: StyledTextXtextAdapter and minimum required extension-points [message #905884 is a reply to message #905860] Fri, 31 August 2012 08:55 Go to previous message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi Tommaso,
yes I was able to do it.
Please have a look at this topic also:
"XText TextViewer instead of Editor" - hxxp://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/875765/

You'll find additional info, links and video where to look.
Moreover you can try the solution that Sebastian Zarnekow suggested.
I haven't got the chance to do it (use the EmbeddedEditorFactory), because for now the solution with StyledTextXtextAdapter works good for me.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Massimo.
Previous Topic:Generating complex enum literals
Next Topic:Accessing comments in Xtext grammars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:44:30 GMT 2024