Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Are Dojo themes available in EDT(I can't see how Dojo themes are implemented in EDT)
Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #871117] Thu, 10 May 2012 23:32 Go to next message
Chris Fourie is currently offline Chris FourieFriend
I am new to EDT and just learning through doing the sample applications. I have referred to some IBM EGL documentation for clues as to how some things may work with some success. Is it possible to set the Dojo theme from within EDT? if so, how can I do it? Where can I find EDT specific documentation, if it more complete?

Regards,
Chris.
Re: Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #871122 is a reply to message #871117] Fri, 11 May 2012 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry, I have figured it out. I saw that the help had more information in than I first anticipated. I'll refer to that before asking questions in the future Wink

regards,
Chris.
Re: Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #871684 is a reply to message #871122] Mon, 14 May 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theresa Ramsey is currently offline Theresa RamseyFriend
Hi Chris,
We're happy to hear you found the information that you were looking for in the help. It's a good place to look as well as searching this forum.

Hopefully you've also downloaded the Dojo sample from the EDT Documentation page. It shows how to use each of the EGL Dojo widgets.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Theresa
Re: Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #871897 is a reply to message #871684] Tue, 15 May 2012 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Theresa,

I have a few questions around the UI components specifically:

1) how can I change the icons/images that appear in the DojoTree?
2) how can I automatically resize containers according to browser page resolution?
3) are there plans to implement a toolbar widget?

is it at all possible to do 1 and 2 at this stage, or am I missing something very fundamental?

regards,
Chris.
Re: Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #875551 is a reply to message #871897] Wed, 23 May 2012 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theresa Ramsey is currently offline Theresa RamseyFriend
Hi Chris,
1. For info on changing the DojoTree icons, see this forum thread from the EGL Cafe forum http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=337544&tstart=15 (Rational Business Developer and EDT both use Dojo widgets so the solution should be the same.) We may consider making an easier way to specify the icon per node.
2. Depending on what you're trying to do, you can set width and height to a percentage (on the container or the div the container is in) then redraw/size on page load or resize.
3. Right now, we don't have plans for toolbar, though it's good to get input on the additional widgets that people may want to use. We do support menu.

Glad you found the samples and are making use of them.
Theresa
Re: Are Dojo themes available in EDT [message #875563 is a reply to message #875551] Wed, 23 May 2012 00:55 Go to previous message
Hi Theresa,

Thank you again. Item 1 is a bit complicated, but seems to me to be a requirement for most modern UI aspects that use a tree. It would be great to see the node level icon management included in future releases.

Similarly, Item 3 (Toolbar) is a great way to condense functionality into on-line business applications where screen real estate is at a premium and I, for one, would use it.

I'll play around with Item 2 as it seems to address my issue of adapting to some degree to the user's screen resolution.

So far, this looks to be shaping up to be a great product and I look forward to the next release.

Kind Regards,
Chris.
Previous Topic:New blog - What's cooking in the EDT kitchen, May 22
Next Topic:New blog - What's cooking in the EDT kitchen, May 29
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:18:53 GMT 2024