Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Data Binding Tab(Why the the data binding tab des not appear)
Data Binding Tab [message #871046] Thu, 10 May 2012 16:09 Go to next message
Carlos Perez is currently offline Carlos PerezFriend
Hi all, I have installed windowsbuilder in an indigo eclipse, I have tryed an example dowonloaded from google.code site, but when I try tu make my own swing window, the editor does not shows the bindings tab. Does any body want to help me?

Thank you , Regards.
Re: Data Binding Tab [message #871114 is a reply to message #871046] Thu, 10 May 2012 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Have you set up your project to use Swing data binding? The Bindings tab won't appear unless you do that first.
icon7.gif  Re: Data Binding Tab [message #871115 is a reply to message #871046] Thu, 10 May 2012 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlos Perez is currently offline Carlos PerezFriend
Thank you I have solved this thread, gettig from
developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/wbpro/features/swing/data_binding/
Note: In order to use Swing Data Binding (JSR 295), you must first add the Swing Data Binding jar (e.g., beansbinding-1.2.1.jar) to your classpath.

regards
Re: Data Binding Tab [message #871119 is a reply to message #871115] Fri, 11 May 2012 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I definitely recommend the docs Smile
Re: Data Binding Tab [message #1035494 is a reply to message #871119] Sun, 07 April 2013 00:38 Go to previous message
Derek Fish is currently offline Derek FishFriend
***NOTE***
Because these forums were so "timely" in displaying my post--approximately 47 hours, 59 minutes, and 45 seconds slower than the average forum--the question I pose here is no longer quite as relevant. I'm still interested in what's going on with my eclipse, but I just thought I'd let any potential answer-ers know that I won't be lurking this thread to respond instantaneously.
***END NOTE***

Hi, I am having the same problem with my WindowBuilder Editor not displaying a "Binding" tab. However I am extremely new to Eclipse (4 days ago) and I do not know how to find jars or add to classpath or any of the things that I have seen recommended here and in other forums.

I am using Eclipse 4.2.0 and I think I have WindowBuilder 1.5.2r42 (not sure what this means, but it's listed in my Installed Software). I downloaded the Java EE package, then added the CDT and WindowBuilder features listed in the left column here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/compare.php

I have a feeling that I have a very simple fix but have been dancing around the solution without ever getting closer to it. Here is a detailed account of everything I have done to try to fix my problem:

I tried: Help -> Install New Software -> All Available Sites. I have installed all items from "Swing Designer," "SWT Designer," and "WindowBuilder Engine (Required)."

I right-clicked on Project Explorer -> Import -> Plug-in Development -> Plug-ins and Fragments. I chose these three items: "Import From The active target platform," "Select from all plug-ins and fragments found at the specified location," and "Import as projects with source folders." Then I searched for all plug-ins and fragments with the string "bind" in them. I added the following plug-ins:

org.eclipse.core.databinding
org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable
org.eclipse.core.databinding.property
org.eclipse.jface.databinding

and added the plug-ins that the "Required Plug-ins" button suggested (total of 12). I ended up with all of these projects in my project explorer.

I then went to the project I am attempting to use as a tutorial (I call it HelloWorldWindowBuilder), and right-clicked on its "src" file -> Build Path -> Configure Build Path. I clicked "Java Build Path" on the left column, then the Libraries tab, then clicked "Add JARs" and added the jars from every project I had just Imported.

I have made sure to re-start Eclipse every time it tells me to, as well as re-starting it several more times after doing all of this. None of what I have done has made any difference aside from filling up my Project Explorer. I can open my class with WindowBuilderEditor but it still only has Source and Design tabs.

---------------------

In case it is relevant, my ultimate goal is to make a GUI for a console Java Project for an agent-based model of disease spread that I have already written and debugged (which, thanks to Eclipse being ridiculously awesome, took me all of two days to program, holy crap I love this environment 8D ). I just want to be able to let the user see the people walking around, show them a window that keeps track of how many sick/healthy people there are and how much time has passed, and give them a menu with options to interact with the model (changing the number of people, etc.).

[Updated on: Tue, 09 April 2013 08:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to generate event handlers in separate class? is this even possible?
Next Topic:Window Builder Design View Problem with SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:36:22 GMT 2024