Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Change project build order..is it possible?(I want to change the build order within a project, NOT within a workspace.)
icon5.gif  Change project build order..is it possible? [message #870791] Wed, 09 May 2012 17:14 Go to next message
D B is currently offline D BFriend
I am working with a C project in Eclipse. It is for an ARM board, so I ultimately need to load my final file to the board and have it work...it currently doesn't.

It builds fine using the project settings, and I can debug (using the ELF file, GDB and Eclipse) without issues. Eclipse will generate a .bin file for me...no problem there. But when I try to load the file to the board, nothing happens. I have a Makefile that I made myself, and the project builds and works correctly when I load it to the board.

So there is a definite problem with the Eclipse project settings vs. the Makefile. I have determined that the Eclipse build issue can be attributed to build order. So...I need to know if there is a way to tell Eclipse to build one file/folder first over another. I know there is a setting to control the build order of certain projects within the Workspace, but I need to control the order of certain files within a project...

FYI: The toolchain I use to conduct my build is YAGARTO (GNU Arm tools for Windows). I am using the same tools from Eclipse and from my manual Makefile, so that is not the issue.

Thank you in advance for any nuggets of wisdom!
Re: Change project build order..is it possible? [message #874071 is a reply to message #870791] Sat, 19 May 2012 22:36 Go to previous message
Ian Frisbie is currently offline Ian FrisbieFriend
On the site here:

help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_build_over.htm

It says:

Build order
If certain projects must be built before others, you can set the build order. If your project refers to another project, the CDT must build the other project first. To set the build order, from the menu bar select Window > Preferences and choose General > Preferences > Build Order.

In my version it is not "Preferences" but "Workspace". Good luck.

Ian
Previous Topic:How to see function definition
Next Topic:Paste Corrupts Code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:46:35 GMT 2024