Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Need to confirm completion of successful process(How to?)
Need to confirm completion of successful process [message #870783] Wed, 09 May 2012 16:15 Go to next message
Daniel Vasilev is currently offline Daniel VasilevFriend
Hello.

I am trying to use Jubula to test eclipse based installation manager.

After setting the installation parameters, I hit the approve button and the component is being installed. the wizard is moving to a new page which contains a process bar when it is done the wizard moves to the final summary page. where I need to confirm the "successful" text. while I know how to confirm the text using Jubula, Jubula is not waiting for the process bar page to finish before it tries to confirm the text.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 May 2012 16:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need to confirm completion of successful process [message #870872 is a reply to message #870783] Thu, 10 May 2012 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There are a couple of options here:

- If the label component is unique to the final page (i.e. not reused on any of the others - or not similar enough to be confusable with components on the other pages) then you could wait for the component (or another component on the final page (not the buttons - they are reused across wizards)).

- Otherwise, you can use a retry event handler to check for the text and wait if the text is not there. You can repeat this loop as often as you need to. A forum thread containing more information about retry event handlers (including references to the cheat sheet and help is here.

HTH,
Alex

Re: Need to confirm completion of successful process [message #871105 is a reply to message #870872] Thu, 10 May 2012 20:57 Go to previous message
Daniel Vasilev is currently offline Daniel VasilevFriend
Hi Alex. thanks a lot for the info.

I found a unique component that appears just on the last summary page and used it as my indication that I hit the correct page. I used the wait for component. also set up TIMEOUT to 10 minutes (usually it takes 7). in case the process experiences problems.

Daniel.

Previous Topic:Can't complete first test in the tutorial.
Next Topic:Can not select menu item of Eclipse SDK 4.2 M7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:25:14 GMT 2024