Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Generated resource conflict
Generated resource conflict [message #870711] Wed, 09 May 2012 12:24 Go to next message
Pis Lui is currently offline Pis LuiFriend
hi everyone
I new in this forum and I have a problem to compile two same sources in differents folders in eclipse cdt. The console shows me that :

**** Build of configuration Debug for project TEST ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Build error
Generated resource conflict:
two resources of the same name: /{Name_project}/{Name_Buildconf}/{Name_folder}/{Name_file}.o
generated by different tools
tool1: GCC C Compiler
tool2: GCC C Compiler

I would like to know if I can force the compiler to compile the file, even if it has in double.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Generated resource conflict [message #871581 is a reply to message #870711] Mon, 14 May 2012 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veaceslav Veaceslav is currently offline Veaceslav VeaceslavFriend
Hi. Have you found a solution?
It seems that two kind of projects are mixed C and C++.

In my case there is a linked resource to the object file that gives this error
Re: Generated resource conflict [message #872491 is a reply to message #871581] Wed, 16 May 2012 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pis Lui is currently offline Pis LuiFriend
Hi.
My solution is to delete one of both files.
Re: Generated resource conflict [message #893222 is a reply to message #870711] Tue, 03 July 2012 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Andresen is currently offline Steven AndresenFriend
I too an having the same problem.
I deleted both files and it still shows conflicts

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'test'.
Internal error building project test configuration Debug
Generated resource conflict:
two resources of the same name: /test/Debug/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.o
generated by different tools
tool1: GCC C++ Compiler
tool2: GCC C Compiler

Re: Generated resource conflict [message #989812 is a reply to message #893222] Sat, 08 December 2012 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vite Falcon is currently offline Vite FalconFriend
Have you found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem.
Re: Generated resource conflict [message #989820 is a reply to message #870711] Sat, 08 December 2012 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Andresen is currently offline Steven AndresenFriend
It appears to be a conflict in package resources requiring different compiler configurations for the particular routines and libraries. I have found many eclipse packaged libraries that were not compatible in any way with each other. I would suggest removing any unnecessary packages and keep your source related to a single package.

I never found a working resolution to the original problem. But I did try it on a separate virgin machine with no other development kits installed and only selected the required package necessary for the particular source I was working with. I was able to build the source without error until I tried to import other eclipse libraries required for added extensions to the original source. Then the same errors came back.

I have since given up on the compatibility issues with eclipse packages and gone back to reverse engineering and using command line compilers. The idea of eclipse shared libraries is a good idea, but there is no conformity from the contributors allowing for mixed libraries. You would have to completely rewrite the libraries before you can merge them into the sources.
Re: Generated resource conflict [message #1130323 is a reply to message #870711] Wed, 09 October 2013 12:46 Go to previous message
Aditya Shastri is currently offline Aditya ShastriFriend
Lol I'm sure I'm a n00b here but I had this problem a LOT!!!
I found that I was trying to compile more than one file and that kept hitting me with this error... It might not be what you are doing but just make sure thats not the problem... Smile
Previous Topic:Suppress 'Member was not initialized in this constructor' warning
Next Topic:Eclipse C++ No Debuginfos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:55:01 GMT 2024