Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel
Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #870496] Tue, 08 May 2012 12:43 Go to next message
Simon Hein is currently offline Simon HeinFriend
Hey all,

I try to evaluate Jubula at the moment, everything works fine till now.

I have a problem with mapping a normal label component, the label is part of a Tabbed panel and in the mapping mode there is a green square around it but Jubula don't get the technical component name.

Another Component I can't map is a JTable component in another tabbed panel the problem is the same as above the green square appears but no technical name is assigned. The table is shown, after the user choose a entry from another table and click a button.

The Application to test is in Java and using swing.

Thank you in advance for your Help!

Sincerely Simon
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #870500 is a reply to message #870496] Tue, 08 May 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Just to check that you are performing all the steps:
- are you pressing the key combination for the mapping (ctrl+shift+q is the default)?
- if so, is the application in focus when you perform the mapping combination (clicking into the AUT once should activate it)?
- bear in mind that if the technical name has already been collected, then it is just highlighted - it will not appear a second time.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #870521 is a reply to message #870496] Tue, 08 May 2012 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
- are you pressing the key combination for the mapping (ctrl+shift+q is the default)?
- if so, is the application in focus when you perform the mapping combination (clicking into the AUT once should activate it)?
- bear in mind that if the technical name has already been collected, then it is just highlighted - it will not appear a second time.

I performed all the steps and I tried to change the key combination of the mapping.

Another question not related to the topic from my side. Is there any tutorial for creating swing extensions for jubula?
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #870542 is a reply to message #870521] Tue, 08 May 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Have you been able to map any components, or is it just these ones?

If you've been able to map others, can you identify which features of these ones could be contributing to them not being mappable?
If you can't map any components, then bear in mind that to change the key combination for the object mapping you may have to restart the AUT.
If the new key combination doesn't work for any components, then it's time to start looking at why your AUT is different Smile Can you map normally in the Simple Adder example as described in the cheat sheet (via the help menu)?

The logs may also provide further information. You can access them via the help menu.

Best regards,
Alex

p.s.

The extension documentation contains an example for a Swing extension.
Otherwise, the following threads may be of use (many are for RCP I believe, so there may be differences):
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/261926/
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/318379/
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372349
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/323430/
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #870665 is a reply to message #870542] Wed, 09 May 2012 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Quote:
Have you been able to map any components, or is it just these ones?

It is just these ones Sad

Quote:
If you've been able to map others, can you identify which features of these ones could be contributing to them not being mappable?

Could the problem be, that the GUI/components are created dynamically at run time?
But If that is the problem, the question is, why I can map the other components? =)

Best regards,
Simon
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #871226 is a reply to message #870665] Fri, 11 May 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey again,

I think I found the problem, why i couldn't map the Labels.
The Labels are SwingX (JXLabel) Components.

My question, is there a way to extende Jubula, to support SwingX components, which are some kind of extended Swing Component? Can I use a normal Jubula extension to provide support to it?

Best regards,

Simon

Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #871229 is a reply to message #871226] Fri, 11 May 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If the labels extend java.awt.component, then the odds are good that you can write an extension for them. If they don't, then I'm not sure what you could do, as they (according to our component hierarchy) don't belong to the same toolkit as swing...

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #872013 is a reply to message #871229] Tue, 15 May 2012 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

The component JXLabel extend JLabel.

I watched through the JSlider example and i tried to make my own extension for the JXLabel.
In the example ImplClass is the Component JSlide imported. Which component is necessary for me to import? is it JLabel/JComponent, or it is necessary for me to import the JXLabel and the Library for the JX Components?

Best regards,

Simon
Re: Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel [message #872102 is a reply to message #872013] Tue, 15 May 2012 13:15 Go to previous message
Hi,

If JXLabel extends JLabel, then it should be recognized automatically. You can put a ticket in for this. In terms of the question about the extension, I'm afraid I don't know. I'd recommend having a look at the examples in the links I gave above. Perhaps other community members can comment as well. There is also the option of professional support if you want individual help with any extensions.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:copy/paste test step from one test case to another one
Next Topic:Testing visibility of views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:56:40 GMT 2024