Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » generating wizards
generating wizards [message #870372] Mon, 07 May 2012 20:41 Go to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Is the feature for generating wizards still maintained? The reason I'm asking is: the help entry that was present in 1.x seems to have disappeared in 2.2.1.

Additionally, the separation into AbstractProjectCreator and AbstractPluginProjectCreator seems incomplete, the former already includes the PluginNature, ManifestBuilder, and SchemaBuilder, which are undesired for non-plugin projects.

No big deal, I'm just wondering if I'm walking in implicitly deprecated territory (it's using the deprecated(?) language xpand, so, mh ...? )

On a similar note: have any of the following been considered?
- new file wizard
- adding wizards to the toolbar
- generating a skeleton for a DSL perspective
When creating DSLs for non-programmers those convenience features may make a big difference, I'd say. All this can be done manually with acceptable amount of effort, just asking if any of this is considered as a candidate for generation.

best,
Stephan
Re: generating wizards [message #870376 is a reply to message #870372] Mon, 07 May 2012 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

just some short remarks:
- the wizard fuctionality is still there (and SimpleProjectWizardFragment is mentioned in the docs)
- Xpand is used in all Fragments so SimpleProjectWizardFragment and what it creates is not exception
(besides you'd have to deliver it at runtime too)
- As Always: Bugs and Enhancementrequests (e.g. with a patch attached) are always welcome.

~Christian

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: generating wizards [message #870393 is a reply to message #870376] Mon, 07 May 2012 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Christian Dietrich wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 22:55

just some short remarks:
- the wizard fuctionality is still there (and SimpleProjectWizardFragment is mentioned in the docs)

Hm, all I can find in the docs is a short note under the heading "Encoding in New Model Projects". There used to be more.
Am I missing s.t.?

Christian Dietrich wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 22:55

- As Always: Bugs and Enhancementrequests (e.g. with a patch attached) are always welcome.

Well, when I filed a bug against Check this was immediately closed as WONTFIX because I was using implicitely deprecated stuff Smile
That's why I'm more careful now to ask what is supported and what is not.

thanks anyway,
Stephan
Re: generating wizards [message #870432 is a reply to message #870372] Tue, 08 May 2012 07:27 Go to previous message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Hello Stephan,
Stephan Herrmann wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 22:41
Additionally, the separation into AbstractProjectCreator and AbstractPluginProjectCreator seems incomplete, the former already includes the PluginNature, ManifestBuilder, and SchemaBuilder, which are undesired for non-plugin projects.

You are right, we should remove them. But for now you can just override.

Stephan Herrmann wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 22:41
No big deal, I'm just wondering if I'm walking in implicitly deprecated territory (it's using the deprecated(?) language xpand, so, mh ...? )

I've just finished migration of the XtextProjectCreator, so as you can see we are migrating from Xpand to the new Xtend, but step by step Razz

As Christian already said patches are very welcome. Smile

Best regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:Problem with my grammar
Next Topic:XText integration with GMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:41:33 GMT 2024