Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » ecore model from .di
ecore model from .di [message #870325] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:14 Go to next message
elhache elhache is currently offline elhache elhacheFriend
Hi All,

I would like to experiment model transformation technologies. ATL, actually.

My ultimate goal is to create a sequence diagram using Papyrus diagram, then, to use
ATL to produce a state diagram model. The final step is to convert the obtained diagram into Papyrus format for visualization.

My Question is : how to obtain (grammatically, or with an existing tool) an ecore model from a Papyrus model i.e., .di ?

I need that because ATL takes an ecore model as input.

Thanks a lot.

el

Re: ecore model from .di [message #871965 is a reply to message #870325] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

You should not try to convert a Papyrus model to an Ecore model. You should use the UML.ecore metamodel instead.

For your transformations, you should work with *.uml files (ie. the semantic files), which conform to the UML.ecore Metamodel. You can also work with notation.ecore (from ) + *.notation files for your diagram visualisations, although it is probably a lot more complicated (*.notation files are not trivial at all).

UML Metamodel (semantic): http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML (UML.ecore, from org.eclipse.uml2.uml)
Notation Metamodel (diagrams): http://www.eclipse.org/gmf/runtime/1.0.2/notation (notation.ecore, from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation)

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: ecore model from .di [message #1806928 is a reply to message #871965] Fri, 17 May 2019 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khoa Nguyen is currently offline Khoa NguyenFriend
Hi Camille,

I managed to transform the .notation file by using metamodel from http://www.eclipse.org/gmf/runtime/1.0.2/notation. However, some elements are not in that metamodel. It looks like they form UML metamodel. Therefore, I cannot transform them to the output model. Do you know how to resolve this problem?

For example:
I need to transform this to the output model.
<element xmi:type="uml:Activity" href="Test.uml#_LmLfQHeIEemfZ8m9ot-iOA"/>

Thanks.

Re: ecore model from .di [message #1806933 is a reply to message #1806928] Sat, 18 May 2019 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Do not dump on old threads. Your question may share the keywords UML and Ecore but is totally different.

I wrote a reply, but have deleted it to avoid polluting this thread with speculation about an impossibly vague question. e.g. what tool, what initialization, what activation?

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: ecore model from .di [message #1806938 is a reply to message #1806933] Sat, 18 May 2019 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khoa Nguyen is currently offline Khoa NguyenFriend
Hi El,

I try to use ATL to transform multiple Activity diagrams into one Activity diagram.

I can transform the .uml file; however, I not sure which is the right approach to generate the diagram (or .notation file).

I tried with Diagram template plugin, but the diagram is not generated properly. The ControlFlow links are not displayed, some elements are duplicated...

Therefore, I tried another approach which transforms the .notation file as well.
I managed to fix the <element> node problem by allowing inter-model references. I also not sure if it is the right way to fix it. I am still new to Model-driven engineering, Papyrus, ATL...

Thanks.
Khoa
Re: ecore model from .di [message #1833834 is a reply to message #870325] Sun, 25 October 2020 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaodat Rahman is currently offline Jaodat RahmanFriend
hello el,
Did you find any solution to your problem? I am stuck with the same problem for days.
thanks in advance,
Jaodat
Re: ecore model from .di [message #1833982 is a reply to message #1833834] Thu, 29 October 2020 13:15 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I think that it is not a good solution to generate diagram with ATL. the notation model has to respect a structure of element. I think that is it is better to create programmatically a diagram then drop UML element inside diagram. see example :https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/tree/tests/junit/plugins/uml/diagram/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.clazz.tests/test/org/eclipse/papyrus/uml/diagram/clazz/test/canonical/TestDropfunction.java
Previous Topic:Looking for public demo models (UML, SysML, BPMN, RobotML etc.)
Next Topic:F2 shortcut and EditHelperAdvice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:32:22 GMT 2024