Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Push to upstream without confirmation dialog?
Push to upstream without confirmation dialog? [message #870316] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:04 Go to next message
Derek Monner is currently offline Derek MonnerFriend
Is there a way to configure EGit so that the output of a push to upstream goes into the Console view (or some other view in the background) instead of a dialog that steals focus? I understand that this wouldn't be desirable in some cases, but I don't see the point of popping a dialog when there's no merging to do.

When trying to push several projects at once (which is common in my workflow) I find it really frustrating to have these dialogs popping up unpredictably and stealing focus.
Re: Push to upstream without confirmation dialog? [message #870361 is a reply to message #870316] Mon, 07 May 2012 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Derek Monner skrev 2012-05-07 18.04:
> Is there a way to configure EGit so that the output of a push to upstream goes into the Console view (or some other view in the background) instead of a dialog that steals
> focus? I understand that this wouldn't be desirable in some cases, but I don't see the point of popping a dialog when there's no merging to do.
>
> When trying to push several projects at once (which is common in my workflow) I find it really frustrating to have these dialogs popping up unpredictably and stealing focus.

Short of changing the code, no.

I see your point. Sometimes I want to save the information and logging
it in a Git console would be handy.

-- robin
Re: Push to upstream without confirmation dialog? [message #870566 is a reply to message #870361] Tue, 08 May 2012 18:55 Go to previous message
Derek Monner is currently offline Derek MonnerFriend
Shoot. Well, at least I'm not alone in wanting this -- apparently it's been a requested enhancement for almost a year:

bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349551
Previous Topic:branch_status variable is broken with local tracking
Next Topic:How to checkout the same projects into diffrent workspaces?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:52:18 GMT 2024