Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP export for mac os
RCP export for mac os [message #870310] Mon, 07 May 2012 15:52 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have made an RCP application. I want to export the product for mac os. I have downloaded delta pack. I have updated target platform.

Now there are 2 two problems.

1 - if i select "The product includes native launcher" then i get error "Unable to find plugin org.eclipse.equinox.launcher".

2 - if i do not select "The product includes native launcher" then export works fine and it create folders for selected platforms. Now in windows OS folder there is no .exe file. So i created batch file with following command
java -Xss10m -Xms256m -Xmx1400m -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar

it works peferfectly but when i create .sh file for mac folder then i get following errors shown in log file

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench is invalid

Do you have any idea why it happens.

cheers,
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871241 is a reply to message #870310] Fri, 11 May 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have downloaded the delta pack of same version as Eclipse SDK and it is exporting now without any errors, but when i see the folders created then there is no .exe file for windows os and no .app file for mac os.

Any idea?

Regards,
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871284 is a reply to message #871241] Fri, 11 May 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Did you restore the "uses native launcher" flag?
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871377 is a reply to message #871284] Sat, 12 May 2012 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Actually it is fixed now, the problem was quite strange. I deleted the existing product file and created new one and now folders does contain executables but now when i run the exe file i get the following execption.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Any idea what is going wrong?

Regards
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871378 is a reply to message #871377] Sat, 12 May 2012 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have been trying different thing, i have read to include org.eclipse.core.runtime with level 2 to resolve the problem and i did so, but now i am getting the following exception saying that system is unable to find the application class for my plugin.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in test.abc.application.main was unable to load class test.abc.application.main.Application.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)

please guide me solving this.

regards,
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871398 is a reply to message #871378] Sun, 13 May 2012 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Libor Jelinek is currently offline Libor JelinekFriend

And what's your OS? If same as you're exporting from try to switch to
"running platform" target in Preferences / PDE / Target Platform. Then
export and try it again. Most of such problems origins in uncomplete
target or run configuration.

Libor

On 05/12/2012 11:21 PM, ModelGeek Mising name wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying different thing, i have read to include
> org.eclipse.core.runtime with level 2 to resolve the problem and i did
> so, but now i am getting the following exception saying that system is
> unable to find the application class for my plugin.
>
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in
> test.abc.application.main was unable to load class
> test.abc.application.main.Application.
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
>
>
> please guide me solving this.
>
> regards,
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871497 is a reply to message #871398] Mon, 14 May 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have windows 8(32 bit) and i want to export product for Windows(32, 64) and Mac(32, 64).

Regards,
Re: RCP export for mac os [message #871509 is a reply to message #871497] Mon, 14 May 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

now even i have tried to use MacOS. I have downloaded the Eclipse for MAC( 10.6.8 ). I have imported project. Now i am not exporting for multipltaform. I am trying to export for same plateform(Mac to Mac).

but still i am gettting
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

Please guide me how to solve this.

Regards,

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP export for mac os [message #1706511 is a reply to message #871509] Thu, 27 August 2015 12:51 Go to previous message
Lalit Solanki is currently offline Lalit SolankiFriend
Hi friend you can you this link http://ugosan.org/eclipse-rcp-delta-pack/

Lalit
Previous Topic:RCP Perspectives Views and Editors
Next Topic:How to get drop event in Eclipse RCP tableview cell?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:26:29 GMT 2024