Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Show "Colors & Fonts" in my preferences
Show "Colors & Fonts" in my preferences [message #870280] Mon, 07 May 2012 14:54 Go to next message
Simon Mising name is currently offline Simon Mising nameFriend
Hi,
I want to show the "Colors & Fonts" preferences page in my custom Eclipse RCP application.

At the moment I only can see my custom preference pages from all my developed plugins.
But I cannot see the default Eclipse preferences pages ("Appearance", etc.)

How can I programatically (or via Extension Point) add this page?

Thanks for you help
Re: Show "Colors & Fonts" in my preferences [message #890482 is a reply to message #870280] Fri, 22 June 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maarten meijer is currently offline maarten meijerFriend
Are you basing you RCP on the RCP SDK/runtime or on Platform SDK/runtime?
The first provides a minimal application, the second provides an "empty" IDE with project explorer and also the general appeareances prefs.
Re: Show "Colors & Fonts" in my preferences [message #890518 is a reply to message #890482] Fri, 22 June 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You can add framework preference pages to your RCP app by including the appropriate extensions in your plugin.xml

See http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.ui.ide/plugin.xml#n564 for adding the Appearance and Colours and Fonts Pref page.

PW

Re: Show "Colors & Fonts" in my preferences [message #890563 is a reply to message #890518] Fri, 22 June 2012 15:16 Go to previous message
Simon Mising name is currently offline Simon Mising nameFriend
Thanks,
this was exactly what i was looking for.

~close~
Previous Topic:IProgressService vs Jobs API
Next Topic:Text and tooltip for UNDO and REDO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:03:42 GMT 2024