Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Setting up XDebug(Some problems in need of a little help)
icon8.gif  Setting up XDebug [message #870046] Sat, 05 May 2012 23:51 Go to next message
JB Braendel is currently offline JB BraendelFriend
Hey, guys! I've been using XDebug and the Eclipse PDT plugin for a while now with great satisfaction for the tools. Up until now I've been running my environment over on Windows, but now that I've decided to switch over to Linux (Ubuntu) I'm unable to get this to work again. I was hoping it would be a simple issue, and have looked through the forum boards, guides, and all around Google before giving up in realizing I would need help from somebody who understands what's going on.

Let me begin by showing you my current setup,
phpinfo(): ht tp:/ /ge.tt/523 7KHH/v/0
eclipse settings: ht tp://im gur.c om/a/KBjNb
Eclipse for PHP Developers: 3.0.2.v2011102768
using Google Chrome (v18.0.1025.168) with Xdebug helper
(my apologies at the broken link; its become apparent that Eclipse forums do not allow proper links for newbies)

Some notes,
* "php -m" does NOT reveal Xdebug in the list of modules
* "php5 -m" also does NOT reveal Xdebug in the list of modules
* Debugging scripts within Eclipse works fine (automatically uses the Internal Web Browser; I'm unsure of how to get it to launch an external browser)
* Loading the page within the browser does not trigger the debugger in Eclipse

Well anyways, from this I am completely lost. I'm hoping somebody with a better handle on all of this will be able to bring some insight into the situation, and help me get this up and running. Thanks!
Re: Setting up XDebug [message #870221 is a reply to message #870046] Mon, 07 May 2012 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
You might be looking for Eclipse Community Forums: PDT » Eclipse and xdebug helper not working.
Re: Setting up XDebug [message #870408 is a reply to message #870221] Tue, 08 May 2012 04:47 Go to previous message
JB Braendel is currently offline JB BraendelFriend
Wow-wow!

That did it right there. Actually the post was slightly off from what I had, but I didn't even realize I could configure the debugger!!

Going to Preferences->PHP->Debug->Installed Debugger->XDebug->Configure
and set Accept Remote Session (JIT): localhost

Tada!! It all works Smile Thank you good sir!
Previous Topic:AAArghhh! windows 64 bit PDT/Java/Eclipse/xdebug
Next Topic:print_r hanging on ref cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:42:11 GMT 2024