Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1)
How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1) [message #869809] Fri, 04 May 2012 11:32 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello everybody.

I have just installed STS 2.9.1 and, when attempting to define a new Virgo server, I cannot find the EclipseRT/Virgo item in the New Server wizard.

How do I get it back?

I realise STS no longer has DM server support, but does this really mean that I can no longer use it for Virgo based development and that I have to switch to the Virgo IDE?

I have looked through the possible Indigo updates available to me, particularly in the Eclipse RT category, but cannot find anything suitable.

TIA,
B.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 May 2012 15:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1) [message #869873 is a reply to message #869809] Fri, 04 May 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Have you looked in the "Virgo" category? Smile
Re: How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1) [message #869877 is a reply to message #869873] Fri, 04 May 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Miles, but I do not have a Virgo category.

Do I need to install something else as a pre-requisite?
Re: How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1) [message #869893 is a reply to message #869877] Fri, 04 May 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
OK, I think I missed the point of your question...

Quote:
How do I get it back?

I realise STS no longer has DM server support, but does this really mean that I can no longer use it for Virgo based development and that I have to switch to the Virgo IDE?

I have looked through the possible Indigo updates available to me, particularly in the Eclipse RT category, but cannot find anything suitable.

Yes, you need to install the Virgo Tooling. That's available as an Eclipse plugin so you *should* be able to use it with your existing tool set. I emphasize should because we likely won't be supporting IDEs that are based on pre Eclipse Indigo builds, though we're working on Helios support. Anyway, the Virgo Tools are not available on the Indigo site, you'll need to add the Virgo site. Please see:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Tooling#Update_Sites

But please note that we're about to release a new milestone, so you may want to wait a few days to get that.
Re: How to get EclipseRT/Virgo option back in New Server wizard (STS 2.9.1) [message #869972 is a reply to message #869893] Sat, 05 May 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
Thanks Miles, I will install Virgo tooling on top of STS 2.9.1 and report back on my findings on this thread. And BTW, yes, STS is Indigo based.

Thanks again.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2012 11:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to compensate for slow provisioning server
Next Topic:Could not use repository chain in new virgo tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:30:03 GMT 2024