Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Exceptions between MySQL and Eclipse using the clause SELECT in a table named condition(Exceptions between MySQL and Eclipse using the clause SELECT in a table named condition)
Exceptions between MySQL and Eclipse using the clause SELECT in a table named condition [message #869590] Thu, 03 May 2012 16:40 Go to next message
Daniel Petersen is currently offline Daniel PetersenFriend
I'm working with EclipseIndigo, EclipseLink and MySQL I have a table called condition I need to keep it with that name but when I execute this command "Query qb = em.createQuery("SELECT c FROM Condition c ")" in eclipse it throws this exception:

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'condition' at line 1
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1052)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4096)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4028)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2490)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2651)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2683)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2144)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:2310)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeSelect(DatabaseAccessor.java:931)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:607)

I know that MySQL has a command called condition and that's why this command throws me an exception. The question is: there is a form to keep my table named as condition and I can execute this command "Query qb = em.createQuery("SELECT c FROM Condition c ")"?

Re: Exceptions between MySQL and Eclipse using the clause SELECT in a table named condition [message #870282 is a reply to message #869590] Mon, 07 May 2012 14:56 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Your query is using JPQL, the JPQL will be translated to SQL to be executed on the database.

You must map your Entity classes to a valid table on the database. If your database does not have a table called CONDITION, then you can use the @Table annotation to set the table. You can use " quotes in a table name to use special characters or reserved words, but it is probably best to call your table something that is not reserved.

See,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Basic_JPA_Development/Entities/Creating_and_Configuring_Entities#Configuring_an_Entity.27s_Table

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:How to trigger pre-update computation on parent?
Next Topic:EclipseLink References another Entity When Joining
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:09:50 GMT 2024