Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula and MySQL(Problems creating a new project using MySQL db as backend)
Jubula and MySQL [message #868870] Wed, 02 May 2012 16:52 Go to next message
Diane Mising name is currently offline Diane Mising nameFriend
I am relatively new to Jubula and my company is trying to do a POC. I installed the standalone version of Jubula and worked extensively with the embedded H2 database. It worked great. I created projects, suites, etc. Now, as we look at using Jubula in a multi-user environment, we decided to go with using a MySQL database and we are running into a lot of issues. We worked through all the firewall/permissions issues. I am able to successfully connect to the database and the user I am using has full access to the MySQL database. My problem comes when I try to create a new project. Within Jubula, I get the message "Reason 2043: Creation of a new project failed." That's it. No details. We turned on all the logging we could and added a sniffer to try and debug our issue. We could see there was traffic between our Jubula PC and the MySQL database. We could also see that there were numerous inserts/selects that were successful when I tried to create a new project. However, there was one insert in particular that failed and we don't know why. Here is the statement that is failing:

"INSERT INTO NODE (ID, IS_ACTIVE, CONF_MAJ_VERS, IS_GENERATED, GUID, COMM_TXT, NAME, PARENT_PROJ, TIMESTAMP, VERSION, FK_PARAM_INTERFACE, AUT_CONT, EXECOBJ_CONT, SPECOBJ_CONT, TDC_CONT, PROJECT_PROPERTIES, CLASS_ID) VALUES (702, 1, 6, 0, '4e1c5435975a4560b20dc869d552021d', null, null, null, 0, 1, 703, 705, 713, 714, 715, 716, 'P')"

Can someone help us out? Is there a table called node? When does the node table get created? Is there any documentation of the H2 embedded databases so we can see the table structure and see if it matches our MySQL databases? Jubula does so many things behind the scenes, it makes it difficult to diagnose problems. Is there anyone who has used a MySQL database as the backend that I could communicate with? Any help would be appreciated? Thanks.
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #870750 is a reply to message #868870] Wed, 09 May 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

As we don't use or test MySQL as a part of our regression suites, I can't give much help here. We did do a proof of concept for MySQL at one point in time, found that it seemed to work and added the drivers with the unsupported marker to reflect the fact that we do not test them. I can tell you that there is a table called NODE, and that it contains items such as projects, test suites, test cases etc.

I know that other users do work with MySQL, so perhaps one of them can help you further. The H2 database should be viewable with a database tool if you want to look at the tables to compare.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #870758 is a reply to message #870750] Wed, 09 May 2012 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that you don't use MySQL, but can you tell me when the 'Node' table gets created? Does that table typically get created when you connect to the database or when you create a project?

I have also tried using SQuirrelSQL and RazorSQL to look at the H2 databases and I am unable to see the table structure. Can you tell me the database tool you use to view the H2 databases?

We can see numerous other tables being created in the MySQL database, but we having trouble with just this one table.

Thanks again for your help.

Diane

[Updated on: Wed, 09 May 2012 14:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #870769 is a reply to message #870758] Wed, 09 May 2012 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Mising name is currently offline Sascha Mising nameFriend
Hey Diane,
We are running also a MySQL Database.

First I can tell you that we as a big company are also not very happy that databases like MySQL or MS SQL are not fully supported by Jubula.
We already hat discussions about this with Bredex, hopefully they will really support more in the feature.

Second
Following Version works fine for us:

Server: localhost via TCP/IP
Server Version: 5.5.8
Protokoll-Version: 10
MySQL-Zeichensatz: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Webserver
Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.Shocked PHP/5.3.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
MySQL-Client-Version: mysqlnd 5.0.7-dev - 091210 - $Revision: 304625 $
PHP Erweiterung: mysql
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #871050 is a reply to message #870769] Thu, 10 May 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that you are using MySQL. However, we are still struggling with this 'NODE' table. Would be willing to post the table structure for the 'NODE' table so that we can manually create this table in the MySQL database. I have tried to look at the embedded H2 databases, but I am unable to see any tables in the PUBLIC schema.

I don't know that we are going to be able to keep using Jubula if we can't get past this issue. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Diane
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #871079 is a reply to message #868870] Thu, 10 May 2012 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Mising name is currently offline Sascha Mising nameFriend
See attachment, the SQL Structure Dump should help u further.
  • Attachment: JUBULA.7z
    (Size: 4.55KB, Downloaded 326 times)
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #871080 is a reply to message #871079] Thu, 10 May 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome!!! Thanks!!!
Re: Jubula and MySQL [message #1743305 is a reply to message #871080] Wed, 14 September 2016 09:00 Go to previous message
Jim 20100 is currently offline Jim 20100Friend
In fact I found the problem.

There is a limitation of size per table in Mysql.
When the NODE table is created, if the myql database used UTF8, the NODE table is too large for mysql (Every table (regardless of storage engine) has a maximum row size of 65,535 bytes)

So a solution is to create a database with Latin1, the jubula tables are then correctly created.

Regards
Jim20100
Previous Topic:Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122
Next Topic:please delete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:46:22 GMT 2024