Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to customize a new workspace created ? (Workspace configuration in addition to -pluginCustomization option)
How to customize a new workspace created ? [message #866448] Mon, 30 April 2012 22:21 Go to next message
Alix Lourme is currently offline Alix LourmeFriend
Hi,

I'm in a team in charge to distribute the development tools for all developers in my company.

Currently, we want to accelerate the starting process development with :
- Supply specific distributions (different profile : java, php, etc)
- Fully prefilled configuration.

It's relatively simple with p2 director command line (and ANT script) for install plugins and rebuild some distributions, and "-pluginCustomization" runtime options for major configurations.

But some items cannot be configured by preferences => how can I modify the default workspace creation ?

eg : How can I some put some XXX.lauch files in "[workspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\" when a new workspace is created ?

Is it possible with some file system modifications in customized bundle (after p2 commands, before rebuild in a ZIP) ... or the only solution is the development of a plugin in charge to verify/update elements when workspace is created ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Re: How to customize a new workspace created ? [message #868561 is a reply to message #866448] Wed, 02 May 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
launch configurations can be shared through source repository. Create them as shared files (common tab).

In addition you can share a project setup with the export of a Team Project Set.
In JDT, to compile with a shared Targetplatform, save the definition of the target platform and share it through source repository.
Re: How to customize a new workspace created ? [message #868882 is a reply to message #868561] Wed, 02 May 2012 17:17 Go to previous message
Alix Lourme is currently offline Alix LourmeFriend
Hi Martin,

Thanks for this tips. I didn't know the shared configuration in Eclipse.
I will explore this way and try to auto-configure a shared configuration at new workspace startup.
Previous Topic:Request for your OS source code
Next Topic:eclipse broken after yum update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:55:20 GMT 2024