Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Error Using JSON REST Response
Error Using JSON REST Response [message #866198] Mon, 30 April 2012 19:45 Go to next message
Gregory Testa is currently offline Gregory TestaFriend
I'm receiving this error message when attempting to parse my JSON response:
IWN.JavaGen.9970.e 0/0 Unable to write the smap file HitlistTitleInfo.eglsmap.

I created the EGL record layout from the workbench wizard tool using a valid response file that I created from a browser invocation of my REST service.

I'm stumped. The service is sending a valid response, I just can't get rid of the error or load the datagrid.

Thanks,
Gregory

• Attachment: egltest.txt
    (Size: 4.67KB, Downloaded 465 times)
Re: Error Using JSON REST Response [message #866233 is a reply to message #866198] Mon, 30 April 2012 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Gregory,

The error message is coming from a problem when generating part HitlistTitleInfo. Is that part something you can attach? I'd also need any dependent parts to compile it.

-Justin
Re: Error Using JSON REST Response [message #866250 is a reply to message #866233] Mon, 30 April 2012 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gregory Testa is currently offline Gregory TestaFriend
Hi --
I'm consuming a third-party service using REST/JSON. I created the EGL records using the new record wizard and have included them below the handler code.

Should be able to run using what I have attached....

Thanks!
Re: Error Using JSON REST Response [message #866275 is a reply to message #866250] Mon, 30 April 2012 20:31 Go to previous message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Ah, you're right, I looked right past it. I don't get a generation error, but looking at the code issuing the message it's when it tries to set the data for the file. Eclipse is throwing an error but we're not providing the original message, just a more user-friendly message. I'll update our code to print the stack trace to the log when this happens.

Are you using the nightly builds or are you on an official release? And what is your workspace default encoding (Window > Preferences > General > Workspace, bottom section labeled 'Text file encoding').

Also, does the file HitlistTitleInfo.eglsmap exist already? It would be in the same folder as HitlistTitleInfo.java. You will need to check in the Navigator view, since Project Explorer hides the *.eglsmap files by default.

-Justin
Previous Topic:Service return parameter
Next Topic:Debugger options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:09:56 GMT 2024