Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Editor and popup menu
Editor and popup menu [message #859225] Fri, 27 April 2012 14:20
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
I have a part in the model and defined a popup for it and register the popup and as expected it pops up. Now I also have an editor which is dynamically created from the File/New menu. If I register the same popup id with a viewer in the editor the context menu does not show.

If I actually add the editor to the model and add a new popup and register that then it does show up but eclipe also instantiates an editor for me. If I make the entry in the model not visible that stops it opening on startup but when opened dynamically from the menu the popup does not show. I assume as it cannot correlate the static model entry with the dynamically created version.

How can I get a popup menu on a viewer for a part which is not instantiated through the model.

Right now I have let my handler implement Action and am using the old fillPopupMenu approach after adding my own menu manager. With the selection coming either from the @inject (handler) or the constructor (popup) with @execute annotating the run method.
Previous Topic:Fill Menu with RCP and e4
Next Topic:xmi opening model!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:21:21 GMT 2024