Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » [solved] Problem with Buckminster running on linux(buckminster works different running on linux vs. running under windows with a windows only targetplattform)
[solved] Problem with Buckminster running on linux [message #859167] Fri, 27 April 2012 13:45 Go to next message
Marc Kösling is currently offline Marc KöslingFriend
I noticed a different behavior of buckminster on linux after successfull tests on windows.

The First problem seems to be a classpath problem during the build phase. The plugin has a dependency on the swt class org.eclipse.swt.Display. In the targetplatform are the relevant plugin org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.6.1.v3655c.jar and the import works fine. But the build ends with errors.

here the Log:

INFO: importtargetdefinition '-A' '/tmp/src/swt.dependency.test.feature/targetplattform.target'
INFO: import '--properties' 'file:/tmp/src/swt.dependency.test.feature/buckminster.properties' '/tmp/src/swt.dependency.test.feature/buckminsterbuilder.cquery'
INFO: Import complete.
INFO: build '-c' '-t'
INFO: Resetting target platform Testtargetplattform
Error: file /tmp/src/swt.dependency.test/src/swt/dependency/test/Activator.java, line 6: The import org.eclipse.swt cannot be resolved
Error: file /tmp/src/swt.dependency.test/src/swt/dependency/test/Activator.java, line 22: Display cannot be resolved

To circumvent the problem with the different plattforms I set the arch, win and os properties but it doesn't help.

The second Problem is with resolving plugins recursive in the targetplattform directory. If I point the dir in the targetplattform definition file to a directory above the actutal plugins, this works fine on windows. On linux I must point the directory exactly to the directory whrere the plugins reside. Otherwise the import command fails. Fortunately this is only a minor problem.

The attached files contain an example. They are packed with 7-zip and automaticly spiltted, because of the size limitations for file uploads. The paths are based on /tmp. The src directory contains the plugin and feature projects. The relevant Buckminster files are located in the feature projects. I've added a script file for buckminster for easy testing my process.

swt.dependency.test are for the first problem
launcher.dependency.test are for the second problem
  • Attachment: files.7z.001
    (Size: 2.00MB, Downloaded 220 times)
  • Attachment: files.7z.002
    (Size: 1.85MB, Downloaded 252 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 08:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Buckminster running on linux [message #859179 is a reply to message #859167] Fri, 27 April 2012 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Volker Stolz is currently offline Volker StolzFriend
What's in your target platform -- following e.g. Ralf Ebert's tutorial and setting includeAllPlatforms="true" should take care of this. No explicit dependency on a particular SWT-implementation is required.

-Volker

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 14:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Buckminster running on linux [message #859282 is a reply to message #859179] Fri, 27 April 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We use our own targeplattform and these contains only the windows related implementations. But the plugins have no plattform specific dependency.

The example contains a subset of our targetplattform and a simplified plugin to demonstrate my problem. Look at the swt.dependency.test plugin.
Re: Problem with Buckminster running on linux [message #870180 is a reply to message #859167] Mon, 07 May 2012 07:38 Go to previous message
I've found a solution to both problems. Adding
<environment>
  <os>win32</os>
  <ws>win32</ws>
</environment>

to the targetplattform definition, worked.
Previous Topic:Import Lastest Feature as part of TP
Next Topic:Custom editor for CSPEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:22:51 GMT 2024