Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Other than in a tree view
[EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #858710] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:04 Go to next message
Laurent Mattina is currently offline Laurent MattinaFriend
Hi,

I hope it is not a sily question but I tried to figure out the answer, without success. I am developing a user interface to implement metamodels and I would like to use EEF to enhance the graphical aspect of the properties tab and make modifications in the implemented model easier.

I followed the tutorials and managed to greatly enhance the properties tab thanks to containers, SWT widgets, ... however, this enhancement seems to appear only on the tree view of the project. The point is that I am developping a graphical interface and I would like to use what EEF does also with this graphical view. But I cannot find how Confused

Any help would be great ! ^^

Thanks,
Laurent
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #872633 is a reply to message #858710] Wed, 16 May 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
Le 27/04/2012 11:04, Laurent Mattina a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I hope it is not a sily question but I tried to figure out the answer,
> without success. I am developing a user interface to implement
> metamodels and I would like to use EEF to enhance the graphical aspect
> of the properties tab and make modifications in the implemented model
> easier.

EEF is designed to do so : enhance the "default" properties views of ANY
EMF generated editor.

> I followed the tutorials and managed to greatly enhance the properties
> tab thanks to containers, SWT widgets, ... however, this enhancement
> seems to appear only on the tree view of the project. The point is that
> I am developping a graphical interface and I would like to use what EEF
> does also with this graphical view. But I cannot find how :?
> Any help would be great ! ^^

Indeed, we provide a tutorial that will plug the new properties views
into the EMF generated editor.
Using it inside another editor is possible.
for example, there is some tutorial about integrating eef inside
Graphiti : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbfisZt-FOw

If your editor is using a tabbedpropertysheetpage, you can alos
indicates the correct contributorId used by the editor.

the question is : what graphical editor are you using ?

>
> Thanks,
> Laurent

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #874580 is a reply to message #872633] Mon, 21 May 2012 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephane,

Thank you for replying. I am using Obeo Designer as a graphical editor and my point was to add an enhanced property view for semantic elements. Doing so would help to allow composition depth in a model.

At last, I found out a way to solve my issue, by following the same tutorial you gave me. It is very well done, and provide highly interesting information about the way of integrating EEF in a specific editor.

However, someone with the same issue might want to follow this link : eclipsercpdev.blogspot.fr/2011/10/use-eclipse-eef-as-property-sheet-for.html. It is the original webpage from which the video tutorial is taken. The good thing is that they give the java code for the two files to be imported into the project. The bad thing is that they are Graphiti dependant.

If someone ever wants to use EEF with another editor, he will have to write his own filter and helper. The basic idea to keep in mind is about what a graphical editor is and does. It gives a graphical representation of a semantic element. As a consequence, when the user clicks on the screen, he selects the graphical representation, and not the semantic element (not directly). The aim of the helper is to allow EEF to map the graphical representation and its semantic element. Doing so will make EEF work !

Moreover, the filter is meant to indicate whether an element should have the enhanced property view or not. So it should consider each selectable graphical element and indicate it is valid.

I do not know if this post is clear or not, and if I understood everything about EEF but now it works. Well, it is not perfect yet but I think it just requires some adjustments.

Thank you Stephane !

Cheers,
Laurent
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #905847 is a reply to message #874580] Fri, 31 August 2012 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aurelien didier is currently offline aurelien didierFriend
Hi Laurent,

I am facing the same problem as you were, ie using EEF with Obeo Designer, but even with the link and your advice, I don't know how to specify the filter and helper, and I don't even know which class must be extended to do that. Since I don't know Graphiti at all, the example don't help me a lot.

Could you give me more information on how you have done this.

Thanks,
Aurélien
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #907162 is a reply to message #905847] Mon, 03 September 2012 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goulwen Le Fur is currently offline Goulwen Le FurFriend
Hi Aurelien,

You want to integrate EEF properties views with Obeo Designer ?

--
Goulwen Le Fur - goulwen.lefur@xxxxxxxx

Le 31/08/2012 09:29, aurelien didier a écrit :
> Hi Laurent,
>
> I am facing the same problem as you were, ie using EEF with Obeo
> Designer, but even with the link and your advice, I don't know how to
> specify the filter and helper, and I don't even know which class must be
> extended to do that. Since I don't know Graphiti at all, the example
> don't help me a lot.
>
> Could you give me more information on how you have done this.
>
> Thanks,
> Aurélien
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #907883 is a reply to message #907162] Tue, 04 September 2012 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I firstly try to do that by following the graphiti tutorial linked in this topic.
But I have found the documentation in the eclipse help for Viewpoint in: Using Extended Editing Framework with Viewpoint after my question.
With this tutorial, everything work as expected. So you already answer to my question in this complete document.

Thanks,

Aurélien
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #907924 is a reply to message #907162] Tue, 04 September 2012 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I firstly try to do that by following the graphiti tutorial linked in this topic.
But I have found the documentation in the eclipse help for Viewpoint in: Using Extended Editing Framework with Viewpoint after my question.
With this tutorial, everything work as expected. So you already answer to my question in this complete document.

Thanks,

Aurélien
Re: [EEF] Other than in a tree view [message #908156 is a reply to message #907924] Tue, 04 September 2012 20:54 Go to previous message
Hi aurelien !

Sorry, I haven't seen your message earlier. I'm glad you found a way out. Feel free to ask if you need anything else !

Cheers,
Laurent
Previous Topic:Modeling Symposium
Next Topic:Generating model source with maven and emf.ecore2java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:54:52 GMT 2024