Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula doesn't start my application(Jubula doesn't start my application)
Jubula doesn't start my application [message #858659] Fri, 27 April 2012 08:31 Go to next message
Jens Schauder is currently offline Jens SchauderFriend
I'm in the process of evaluating various GUI test frameworks.

I started with Jubula, basically following this tuturial: http ://jmhofer.johoop.de/?p=132 but applying it to our application.

I have a batch file which starts our applciation, but I can't start it through Jubula.

As described here http ://jmhofer.johoop.de/?p=163 I start the AUT Agent and connect to it, but when I try to start the application via "Start AUT" nothing happens. Nothing in the Jubula Console, nothing in the "Start AUT Agent" Window.

What might be the reason for this? Where can I look for more information what is going wrong?

Sorry for the broken links, the forum software does not allow me to include links.
Re: Jubula doesn't start my application [message #858726 is a reply to message #858659] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The one thing I can think of is that you may need to specifically select the AUT from the drop-down list on the start AUT button (even if you only have one). I thought there was an enhancement request to change this, but I can't find it right now. Feel free to enter one.

If that's not the cause, then I'd recommend doing the Cheat Sheets (start them from the help menu and start the "First Steps" Cheat Sheet). They use an example application. Once you've done them, you should be able to extrapolate to your own application.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Jubula doesn't start my application [message #858737 is a reply to message #858726] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:19 Go to previous message
Jens Schauder is currently offline Jens SchauderFriend
It actually works now, I couldn't explain why, but your answer is probably correct. I always clicked on the run button and nothing happened. And I think I once actually selected my AUT from a drop down.
Previous Topic:Create UITest
Next Topic:How To add "new line" in Central Data Set?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:50:53 GMT 2024