Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Synchronize bug on the working tree
Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #857912] Thu, 26 April 2012 23:39 Go to next message
Samuel Sol is currently offline Samuel SolFriend
Hey everyone,

I'm using right now the most current EGit nightly, and found a bug on the Team Synchronization.

After I do a "Syncronize Workspace", the Sync view, on the "Git Commits" settngs says that a bunch of files needs to be commited, but they are not changed at al. If I open the GIT Staging view they are not there. Double clicking in one to get the diff also shows no differences.

Also, after the last update, focusing on it is giving me a javanullpointer exception. What do you guys need to debug that?
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #859635 is a reply to message #857912] Fri, 27 April 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dariusz Luksza is currently offline Dariusz LukszaFriend

This issue is connected with bug 334248. I'm currently working on this and by the end of next week I should come up with solution
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #859717 is a reply to message #857912] Fri, 27 April 2012 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There could be two causes for this issue:

* if you are using windows, there could be different line endings in git and working version, this should be solved by setting up core.autocrlf = true; also current version of egit and jgit should handle properly this config option.

* change in file access permissions eg. execution bit was added/removed. In this case synchronize view will list such file as changed, because it doesn't ignore that changes. According to native git status command inplementation I would say that synchronize view should also ignore such changes. I'll propose a patch that should fix this.
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #861789 is a reply to message #859717] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dariusz Luksza wrote on Fri, 27 April 2012 15:29
There could be two causes for this issue:

* if you are using windows, there could be different line endings in git and working version, this should be solved by setting up core.autocrlf = true; also current version of egit and jgit should handle properly this config option.

I'm indeed on Windows 7 but the rest of my team is on MacOS, so we use as setup core.autocrlf = false, and core.eol=lf . To force the unix line ending. Also we use .gitattributes which is not supported by eGIT. But this did not happen on 1.3 while I didn't change anything on the attributes.

Dariusz Luksza wrote on Fri, 27 April 2012 15:29

* change in file access permissions eg. execution bit was added/removed. In this case synchronize view will list such file as changed, because it doesn't ignore that changes. According to native git status command inplementation I would say that synchronize view should also ignore such changes. I'll propose a patch that should fix this.

So this is more likely, since it is not all files, just a couple of them.
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862716 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is another info I can add which might be useful, if there is nothing indeed that is changed on the repository (local and remote head both point to the same place, and no changed files), the syncronize view is also empty. The moment you do any change, it gets dirtied with this bizarre files.
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862743 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is another info I can add which might be useful, if there is nothing indeed that is changed on the repository (local and remote head both point to the same place, and no changed files), the syncronize view is also empty. The moment you do any change, it gets dirtied with this bizarre files.
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862757 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862771 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862785 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862799 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862810 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #862820 is a reply to message #861789] Sun, 29 April 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #863019 is a reply to message #862820] Sun, 29 April 2012 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've proposed fix[1] for this issue, now we should wait for review.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/5755
Re: Synchronize bug on the working tree [message #866072 is a reply to message #863019] Mon, 30 April 2012 18:21 Go to previous message
Cool thanks, and sorry for the multiple posts, I didn't see it happen and can't delete them=(
Previous Topic:Staging view reindexing repository <repo> seemingly stuck
Next Topic:Git submodule foreach
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:17:01 GMT 2024