Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> >
indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> > [message #857571] Thu, 26 April 2012 17:07 Go to next message
Nathan Hüsken is currently offline Nathan HüskenFriend
Hey,

I have an object:

std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<MyType> > myObjects;

When I do:
myObjects[0]->|

Autocompletion does not compete the members of MyType, and when I write them I am told that the function can not be resolved.

But for this object:
boost::smart_ptr<MyType> myObject;

it works, and also for this object:
std::vector<MyType> myObjects;

What could this be?
Thanks!
Nathan
Re: indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> > [message #857579 is a reply to message #857571] Thu, 26 April 2012 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Do you have unresolved includes in your file? If you believe that relevant header include (for boost::smart_ptr) is resolved, than you should open a bug with all relevant details. Also you can generate indexer log for this file, maybe it could give a clue for this issue.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> > [message #858677 is a reply to message #857579] Fri, 27 April 2012 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I did the following test. I made a file Test.cpp:
#include <vector>
#include <boost/smart_ptr.hpp>

class Test {
	int function();
};

void main() {
	std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<Test> > vp_test;
	vp_test[0]->|
}

When I put this file into a new project, autocompletion works!
When I put this file into my existing project ... autocompletion does not work Sad (also no unresolved symbols or anything is shown in that file).
The include directories in Paths and Symbols are the same. What else could be the difference?

Thanks!
Nathan
Re: indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> > [message #858904 is a reply to message #858677] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
I am not really sure Sad

What is the indexing update policy in your project? Did you you try re-index your project (or at least this file)?

You can also generate parser log for your file, it may help figuring the cause for this behavior ...
Re: indexer can not deal with std::vector<boost::smart_ptr<...> > [message #868720 is a reply to message #858904] Wed, 02 May 2012 12:50 Go to previous message
Mmh, I recreated the project and the problems vanished. Now I have completely different problems with the indexer Smile, but I will start a new thread.
Previous Topic:header include path order
Next Topic:Indexer problem with typedef for iterator and std::vector::insert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:45:53 GMT 2024