Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JAX-WS Tools(Create a project for CXF Web services)
JAX-WS Tools [message #857454] Thu, 26 April 2012 14:50 Go to next message
Martin Spamer is currently offline Martin SpamerFriend
I've tried following the "Create a project for CXF Web services" from help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp

The Project is deloyed to Server Tomcat 7.0.22 with Axis 2.6.0. and using Eclipse Indigo patched uptodate.

When I try to run I get the following.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1678)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1523)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:507)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4660)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5226)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5221)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Web Searches, have turned up a fix that I need to add spring to the project and deployment libraries.

However follow the next step in the guide, which describes this.

"Manage the exporting of CXF libraries at deployment time" doesn't seem to reflect the Indigo.

How do I get around this problem?
Re: JAX-WS Tools [message #867333 is a reply to message #857454] Tue, 01 May 2012 08:36 Go to previous message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Martin,

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=377667 for further information on this.

The documentation you refer to applies to CXF 2.5.x and earlier. It needs to be updated for CXF 2.6.0

For now to workaround this, right click on your project and select 'Properties' and then the 'Deployment Assembly' page and add the 'spring-web' jar there.
Previous Topic:no jee perspective in eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32 version
Next Topic:Adding Struts 2.x + Spring 2.5 + Hibernate 3.1 capabilities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:03:24 GMT 2024