Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » F1 Help for Xtext based editor.
F1 Help for Xtext based editor. [message #857276] Thu, 26 April 2012 12:09 Go to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Dear all,

I am currently wondering how to override the behavior for the "F1"-help in an Xtext editor.

We have written an Eclipse-Help for one of our DSLs, which ist available through Help->....

I would like to make this accessible by just pressing F1 in the DSL editor. The default behaviour seems to present a very generic page.

* Is there a Xtext-specific way to do that?
* I've learned about the org.eclipse.help.contexts extension point, which would require a contextID. From looking at the code, it seems that the XtextEditor does not register one, does it?
* Would the right way then be to inherit from XtextEditor, override createPartControl() and put PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getHelpSystem().setHelp(parent,
"myOwnFunkyID"); in it?

Thanks,

Andreas
Re: F1 Help for Xtext based editor. [message #857291 is a reply to message #857276] Thu, 26 April 2012 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi Andreas,

we did something similar in a former big project I worked on. I am not in our office currently, so I cannot look at the code. As far as I know there is no Xtext hook for that. Your last suggestion seems like a first entry point.

You could try contacting the Leipzig office to see whether someone is willing to dig into the code. If it is not too urgent, I try to have a look over the weekend.

Alex
Re: F1 Help for Xtext based editor. [message #857299 is a reply to message #857291] Thu, 26 April 2012 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Hi Alexander,

some information after the weekend would be fine, thanks!

Andreas
Re: F1 Help for Xtext based editor. [message #859101 is a reply to message #857299] Fri, 27 April 2012 13:08 Go to previous message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

see here
Previous Topic:[newbie] Return JvmTypeReference from data type rules
Next Topic:switchable OutputConfiguration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:20:04 GMT 2024