Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Why is it so difficult to get C++ to work?(Why?)
Why is it so difficult to get C++ to work? [message #856878] Thu, 26 April 2012 03:43 Go to next message
Tech Crium is currently offline Tech CriumFriend
Why is there not a handy prepackaged software which you don't have to configure anything and BAM everything works?

Why must I spend 10 hours configuring everything and still it does not work?

Why isn't there something similar to WAMP?

Is this the year 2012 or year 1992?

Why is it that when I install DevC++ it just instantly works and that software is like 20+ years old?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2012 03:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why is it so difficult to get C++ to work? [message #857078 is a reply to message #856878] Thu, 26 April 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HagenFriend
On 4/26/2012 5:43 AM, Tech Crium wrote:
> Why must I spend 10 hours configuring everything and still it does not
> work?

Because you don't have the necessary skills to develop with Eclipse/CDT.

There are some ready-made packages out there that work fine when I
download and install them. Why don't they work for you?
Re: Why is it so difficult to get C++ to work? [message #857575 is a reply to message #857078] Thu, 26 April 2012 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Maybe you should specify what is the problem? What OS are you working on?

Also it is advised to look at below links:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_o_home.htm
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm
Re: Why is it so difficult to get C++ to work? [message #871125 is a reply to message #856878] Fri, 11 May 2012 02:47 Go to previous message
Shane Wells is currently offline Shane WellsFriend
I hear you. It isn't helpful to use an environment that is more complicated to work with than they language you're trying to program in. For some reason, on my old computer, I just downloaded it, booted it up and it worked (probably an earlier version) Now it requires forty hoops to jump through before I can write "hello world".
Previous Topic:Problems to make the debugger work
Next Topic:Can not work out how this IDE functions?! Can not t I compile super simple stuff.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:44:03 GMT 2024