Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Customizer window size
Customizer window size [message #856026] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:50 Go to next message
Markus Schütz is currently offline Markus SchützFriend
My customizer should always pop up with a certain minimum size.
setPreferredSize() and setBounds() both don't work. Is there any other way?
Whenever someome opens the customizer for the first time, they get a relatively small window which confuses people because they do not expect that they have to resize the window to see every option.
Re: Customizer window size [message #856216 is a reply to message #856026] Wed, 25 April 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
No idea.
Post example and I will check.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Customizer window size [message #858754 is a reply to message #856216] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took what I found in "org.eclipse.wb.tests.designer.swing.CustomizeTest" and modified it a bit:

pastebin.com/r9HZqCwN
pastebin.com/y4sR4dtm
pastebin.com/141YpwZa
pastebin.com/ng6fYGtv
( sorry for the inconvenient links, the message board gave me an error saying "You cannot use links until you have posted more than 25 messages." )

I've noticed that, when I open MyButtonTestPanel in WindowBuilder for the first time, a blank panel shows up. No Button.
After running MyButtonTestPanel, closing it and refreshing the design view, the button shows up in WindowBuilder. After cleaning the project and refreshing the designer, the panel is blank again.
( edit: But that might be because I've disabled automatic build )

If the designer is opened with rightclick->customize, a small panel shows up. It should be at least big enough to show all labels.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 09:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customizer window size [message #860873 is a reply to message #856026] Sat, 28 April 2012 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conrad de Vera is currently offline Conrad de VeraFriend
hi, i'm also new to windowbuilder but i believe that if you resize the customizer, it should remember that size even if you close the ide. again, not an expert
Re: Customizer window size [message #860874 is a reply to message #856026] Sat, 28 April 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conrad de Vera is currently offline Conrad de VeraFriend
sorry, im new Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 09:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customizer window size [message #861522 is a reply to message #860874] Sat, 28 April 2012 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Yes, when you resize or move customizer dialog, it will remember new size and location, and next time will use the same.

I see that initial size is set to 450x300.
I don't remember already why this was done so (may be this was done not by me), because in general org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.customize.AwtComponentDialog looks as it was supposed to use customizer getPreferredSize(). So,when if I remove this forced size, then I see of dialog is same as required by customizer.

Fixed in trunk.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Customizer window size [message #865253 is a reply to message #861522] Mon, 30 April 2012 10:03 Go to previous message
Quote:
hi, i'm also new to windowbuilder but i believe that if you resize the customizer, it should remember that size even if you close the ide.

Yes, but the issue was that people did not know they have to resize the customizer to see all options.

Quote:
Fixed in trunk.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:VB refugee seeks equivalent to application.doevents()
Next Topic:ExpressionConverter null - assertionException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:27:31 GMT 2024