Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set
Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #855798] Wed, 25 April 2012 05:30 Go to next message
Mark Elliot is currently offline Mark ElliotFriend
Referring to www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.0.0.x/docs/virgo-programmer-guide/html/ch04s06.html

I expect that the bundle classpath of a WAR File where the MANIFEST.MF file consists of:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

will include WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib/*.jar (where *.jar is expanded).

Ultimately, the solution to my cryptic ClassNotFound error for DispatcherServlet was to set repository/ext/org.virgo.web.properties WABHeaders=defaulted; but this isn't a WAB file!

Why do I need to set this relaxation in order to get vanilla war files to run? (is this expected?)
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #855996 is a reply to message #855798] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
http://eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.5.0.M03/docs/virgo-programmer-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-programmer-guide.html#developing-applications-automatic-imports-web

http://eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.5.0.M03/docs/virgo-user-guide/html/ch13s08.html
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #856136 is a reply to message #855996] Wed, 25 April 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first link is the same section I link to; the second doesn't say anything about how WAR files are treated.

My question stands: why do I need to change the way Virgo treats WAB files in order to get my vanilla WAR file to load without error?
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #856156 is a reply to message #856136] Wed, 25 April 2012 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi

Can you provide an example war file to reproduce this problem? In the past I had problems which dependencies in lib/ that were bundles at the same time but I never investigated this any further. Besides that I never experienced any problems with vanilla war files and VTS.

Frieder
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #856414 is a reply to message #856156] Wed, 25 April 2012 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

The problem is already reported - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=354730
I'm going to resolve it these days.

Regards
Violeta
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #856576 is a reply to message #856414] Wed, 25 April 2012 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I wanted to (a) validate that this was unexpected behavior; and (b) file a bug if one did not already exist.

I see that you're working on a patch, any progress?
Re: Loading a vanilla war file fails until WABheaders=defaulted is set [message #857358 is a reply to message #856576] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:28 Go to previous message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Quote:
I'm going to resolve it these days.

Wink
Previous Topic:Maven repository for Virgo 3.0.0 artifacts
Next Topic:virgo ide installation failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:15:16 GMT 2024