Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [ZEST] Custom Node with large data sets(Zest Custom Node)
[ZEST] Custom Node with large data sets [message #854014] Mon, 23 April 2012 15:11 Go to next message
Agung Pratama is currently offline Agung PratamaFriend
Hi,

I have been using Zest in Eclipse 3.7 for developing Eclipse plugin. I use Zest to visualize my data. My data is Tree with semantic Node. So Instead of using default node implementation by Zest, I create my custom Node by implementing IFigureProvider and set it to the setLabelProvider method of Zest GraphViewer.
Currently, for small data set, the visualization seems fine. But for large data, it is horrible, because the nodes are overlapping each others.
You can look the screenshot, I attached 2 version: "small_data_set" and "large_data_set".

So I wanna know, how to solve this problem. I think the problem because of there are no minimal length of graphical connection (arrow figure). So the arrow's length is set to zero if there are too much data. The second problem I think is, the viewport of GraphView. If I can precompute the minimal width and height of the graphView takes, then I can set the bound of the view. But I don't know a thing about Zest, since the documentation is not there.
Re: [ZEST] Custom Node with large data sets [message #1183224 is a reply to message #854014] Tue, 12 November 2013 18:31 Go to previous message
jim jonah is currently offline jim jonahFriend
Google for an example using CompositeLayoutAlgorithm, which can hold an array (LayoutAlgorith[]... the examples will have a horizontalshiftlayout algorithm with will fix this.
Previous Topic:Zest Graph Viwer Dynamically Splitting the view .
Next Topic:GMF Diagram performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:28:52 GMT 2024