Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours
[Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #852135] Sat, 21 April 2012 18:13 Go to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
Dear all,

I'm using Eclipse with the Oblivion colour scheme. Unfortunately (and understandably) this scheme doesn't have a pre-set for mtl files. So the question is how can I tweak the Acceleo editor colour scheme so that it can be visible with Oblivion.

Thank you for reading.
Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #853601 is a reply to message #852135] Mon, 23 April 2012 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Luís,

You can use the Acceleo > Editor preference page to tweak the syntax colouring options. I had shown screenshots of a number of the offered possibilities on another blog post.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #869964 is a reply to message #853601] Sat, 05 May 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer. That menu indeed provides access to the colours of some keywords, but not all. Most importantly it doesn't allow me change the foreground colour, which remains in black. Any place else where I can change it?

Thank you.

P.S.: the link to the blog doesn't appear to work.
Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #869965 is a reply to message #869964] Sat, 05 May 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In attachment goes a small example of how it is looking at this stage. The colours I can't change are underlined in red.

Btw, I would mind much using the default colour scheme if I can change the background to a light grey. Is this possible?

Thank you.
Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #870628 is a reply to message #869965] Wed, 09 May 2012 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Luís,

The first of the four you've underlined is the "General > Comment" color.
Second is "Template > OCL Expression".
The third is "General > OCL Expression".
Finally, the fourth is the "General > Static Text".

When you look at the Acceleo preferences (Window > Preferences then in the category "Acceleo > Editor"), there is a text link at the top which says "default colors are in the text editors preferences". Follow that link or go to the "General > Editors > Text Editors" preference page to get to some of the inherited colors. The "Background color" of all text editors can notably be found there (I for one use a light grey for all editors).

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

[Updated on: Wed, 09 May 2012 07:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #870754 is a reply to message #870628] Wed, 09 May 2012 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi Luis,

The editor was not updated in real time if you changed the color of some specific elements. The issue was raised by Laurent after your message on our bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=378933), it is now fixed. The fix will be available in Acceleo 3.2.1 which will be available in a couple days and in Acceleo 3.3.0 next month. In the mean time, you can restart the editor to see the changes being taken into account.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: [Acceleo] How to change the editor colours [message #873022 is a reply to message #870754] Thu, 17 May 2012 10:34 Go to previous message
Thank you all for the replies. I can indeed change all the colours following your instructions.

Just a final request, are the colours saved in some file I can edit directly? This way I could change all the categories using the same colour at once.

Thank you and regards.
Previous Topic:[Galileo, XPAND] Select just one Object with the same name
Next Topic:Example Hello World - Acceleo - M2T
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:29:27 GMT 2024