Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [solved] hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu(hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu)
[solved] hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #851994] Sat, 21 April 2012 14:54 Go to next message
Voornaam Achernaam is currently offline Voornaam AchernaamFriend
I tried to debug the hallo world application on ubuntu, but the compiler gave the following error:

.gdbinit: No such file or directory.
Reading symbols from /home/*my name*/Documents/programming/cpp/HalloWereld/Debug/HalloWereld...done.

Stopped due to shared library event

I can run the program in release mode without problem and the terminal-version of gdb also works correctly. If I manually link to the gdbinit file, which is empty, the ".gdbinit: No such file or directory." error disappears, but the "Stopped due to shared library event" error stays. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #853735 is a reply to message #851994] Mon, 23 April 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Open the Debug Launch Configuration and click the Debugger tab. Then select the tab Shared Libraries. Uncheck "Stop on shared library events".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #853928 is a reply to message #853735] Mon, 23 April 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
As a side-note, ".gdbinit: No such file or directory." is not a problem. You can ignore it.
However, I'm surprised you even see this message. Where exactly do you see it?

Thanks

Marc
Re: hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #853963 is a reply to message #851994] Mon, 23 April 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Voornaam Achernaam is currently offline Voornaam AchernaamFriend
Thank you, everything works fine now. The "suspend on shared library event" option was not enabled, instead the "stop on start-up at main" option was enabled. I saw the error in the console tap, while I was not inside the debug view.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #1141802 is a reply to message #853963] Thu, 17 October 2013 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diem Lam is currently offline Diem LamFriend
I have the same problem with you, but I don't know how to resolve it. Did you uncheck the "stop on start-up at main" option or do another work ? How do you make it work fine ?

Please reply me if you have free time Voornaam Achernaam.
Thank you very much
Re: hallo world stopped due to shared library event ubuntu [message #1694611 is a reply to message #1141802] Wed, 06 May 2015 16:20 Go to previous message
roseanne qiu is currently offline roseanne qiuFriend
dear sir/madam:
I am newer to QNX.
i also met the problem:
but ,when I launch the debug configure, I could not see this option.
I use the version:
Version: 4.7.0
Build id: 201006232051

this is what I got from debug runing:
.gdbinit: No such file or directory.
MsgNak received - resending
Remote target is little-endian
attach 5771294
[New pid 5771294 tid 1]
0x01038e04 in ?? ()

thx
Previous Topic:Problem with GDB integration, Eclipse Luna, MacOS 10.10 Yosemite
Next Topic:How do I capture console output when running cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:23:26 GMT 2024