Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Custom Lanes
Custom Lanes [message #850726] Fri, 20 April 2012 09:13 Go to next message
Daniel Colomer is currently offline Daniel ColomerFriend
Hi,

I was reading the extension point description and I was wondering whether it is possible or not to extned other elements than just Tasks. I would like for example to have my MyCustomLane that for example would not allow Gateways to be inside.

Is that possible with the runtime extension point? If so could someone give me a hint or something to start with because I am a little bit lost here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dani.
Re: Custom Lanes [message #853550 is a reply to message #850726] Mon, 23 April 2012 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand that I can easily provide my own feature container that tailors the behaviour of Lane. But in my case I would like to still be able to model with the default Lane construct in the same diagram for example.

Is it possible?

Thanks again.
Re: Custom Lanes [message #855234 is a reply to message #853550] Tue, 24 April 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Daniel,

It's the AddFeature of the objects being added that control whether or not they can be added to a container (see canAdd()) so in this case I suppose you'd have to subclass the feature containers of all the gateways (ExclusiveGatewayFeatureContainer, InclusiveGatewayFeatureContainer, etc.) and override canAdd(). See also DefaultAddGatewayFeature.canAdd() for how to test if the drop target is a Lane.

HTH
Bob
Re: Custom Lanes [message #869731 is a reply to message #850726] Fri, 04 May 2012 05:08 Go to previous message
But that way I would still be able to add ther things to a pool and I would never have mye custom lane available in the palette (only Lane)
Previous Topic:Issues when creating a BPMN2 diagram
Next Topic:XPDL and web services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:48:48 GMT 2024