Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » how to avoid compiling Xtend classes in running Eclipse(Xtend classes are compiled in generated application)
how to avoid compiling Xtend classes in running Eclipse [message #850611] Fri, 20 April 2012 07:09 Go to next message
Michal S is currently offline Michal SFriend
Hello,
I get strange behaviour of the editor when rebuild is invoked.
Problem is following: I have exported plugins to new Eclipse application. Everything works fine, just Clean action takes long time. At least half of this time Progress view says: "Compiling SomeXtendClassName.xtend"... I don't understand, why are the Xtend files exported to plugins. As far as I understand the process, content of Xtend classes are transformed to Java classes and they are compiled to .class files. These class files are to be used in the runtime, isn't it? Why are the Xtend files always recompiled? How can I avoid it?
Thank you & Best regards,
Michal
Re: how to avoid compiling Xtend classes in running Eclipse [message #850626 is a reply to message #850611] Fri, 20 April 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

imply do not add them to the plugin.
if they are on the classpath they are ompiled
this goes with std eclipse means.
(includes/excludes in the source folder)

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: how to avoid compiling Xtend classes in running Eclipse [message #850848 is a reply to message #850626] Fri, 20 April 2012 11:40 Go to previous message
Michal S is currently offline Michal SFriend
The problem was, that Eclipse copies all resources with non-java extension automatically to bin folder. For most basic users of Xtext would be probably best practice to avoid this. I found this solution:
Right click on the main project -> Properties -> Java Compiler -> Builder -> Enable project specific settings (tick) -> Output folder -> Filtered resources (write in following: "*.xtend,*.mwe2,*.xtext") and Clean the project...
Regards,
Michal
Previous Topic:Problems with version
Next Topic:append instead of appendImmediate for "AFTER" in loops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:30:31 GMT 2024