Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Product Export in Eclipse
Product Export in Eclipse [message #850596] Fri, 20 April 2012 06:51 Go to next message
Snehil Shrivastava is currently offline Snehil ShrivastavaFriend
Hi All,

I am using Eclipse Helios, Version: Service Release 1.
I have developed RCP plugin project. I am using some JARs which work only with JRE 1.4 to 1.6, it doesen't work with any higher / lower versions of JRE.

I have exported my project using "Eclipse product export wizard" in product configurations. When I am running my product in a machine where JRE 1.6 and 1.7 both are installed then it takes JRE 1.7 by default (which i can see using "Installation Details" in "About" dialog) and feature I have used fails to execute.

I have tried to change environment variables (i.e. JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, PATH) and vm argument in eclipse.ini which is pointing to JRE 1.6. I have also tried to bundle JRE 1.6 along with the exported product by setting "Execution Environment" in "Launching" tab in product configurations. But it doesn't help.

I want my product to use JRE 1.6 in any case (if both of JREs are installed or neither of JREs are installed).

Can any one please help me?
Re: Product Export in Eclipse [message #850932 is a reply to message #850596] Fri, 20 April 2012 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
make this change in product ini file
by using -vm arguement
And copy the reqd jre folder(full jre folder with bin and all such things) and add it to your eclipse product folder
and use
-vm
/path_to_copiedjre_folder/

For ex :: i have an entry like this in my product_config.ini (mind that it is not the eclipse.ini)
-vm
..\CommonTools\jre\bin\client
Re: Product Export in Eclipse [message #850978 is a reply to message #850932] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:21 Go to previous message
Snehil Shrivastava is currently offline Snehil ShrivastavaFriend
Hi Sabir,

Thanks for reply.
Its working Smile

Thanks a lot
Previous Topic:Enabling Toolbar Button when any editor is open
Next Topic:Editing Custom Library in Java Build Path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:36:38 GMT 2024