Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Maximize Event for IWorkbenchParts(Alter the behavior for maximizing IWorkbenchParts)
Maximize Event for IWorkbenchParts [message #849638] Thu, 19 April 2012 10:23
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hello,

this is my first post here.

My aim is to alter the maximize event, so that not only the chosen IWorkbenchPart is maximized, but also another view stays on the screen besides the maximized part.
For instance, when an editor is maximized the outline view should still be visible beside the maximized editor.

In several posts (like this one: eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/483636/?srch=maximize+event#msg_483636) it is mentioned that it is not possible to listen to the maximize event.

Is there maybe a way to override the maximize(or toggleZoom) behavior, so that I can minimize all views except the for instance editor and outline?
I already managed to add a new Handler for the org.eclipse.ui.window.maximizePart command and changed it like I explained.

Unfortunately this only overrides the behavior for the STRG+M shortcut, but it seems to me that double-clicking the tab of the IWorkbenchPart or pressing the maximize button in the top right corner of the IWorkbenchPart do not use the command, because it still uses the default maximize behavior and not my new Handler for the org.eclipse.ui.window.maximizePart command.

Does anyone know how to change/override the behavior of the double-clicking and maximize button?

Or can someone imagine a different approach for my problem?

Best regards,

Simon
Previous Topic:Commands and System Tray
Next Topic:RCP with loosely coupled editors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:10:40 GMT 2024