Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » OSGi Enterprise Tools » Apache Felix - Spring DM server - Eclipse IDE(To increase developer productivity by using IDE for develop, build, deploy, unit test)
Apache Felix - Spring DM server - Eclipse IDE [message #849637] Thu, 19 April 2012 10:20 Go to next message
raj s is currently offline raj sFriend
Hello,

I am new to learning OSGi. I watched a OSGi video training in Spring source website . It is very useful. The presenter made easy building and deployment in the SpringSource tool suite. He used SpringSource Tool, Equinox and vm fabric server. However, my team have asked me to use any IDE, Apache Felix jar and the shell container that came with Felix (It can be executed as java -jar bin/felix.jar). I tried to recreate this scenario with Spring Source IDE. The resources in Spring directed me to Spring dm server and that led to Eclipse Virgo.

Can you suggest me a manual, link or training video to set up the development environment for writing OSGi programs using an Eclipse based IDE, Apache Felix.

Thanks in advance,
raj
Re: Apache Felix - Spring DM server - Eclipse IDE [message #849807 is a reply to message #849637] Thu, 19 April 2012 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
You can check the video tutorials on this page: http://eclipse.org/libra/documentation/video/

Start with video #2. If this is close to what you are looking for, then watch the rest of the videos and learn more about the Eclipse Libra project.
Re: Apache Felix - Spring DM server - Eclipse IDE [message #1220670 is a reply to message #849807] Fri, 13 December 2013 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oumi casha is currently offline oumi cashaFriend

it is a virgor ???? or based in Felix not equinox!!!!!
Re: Apache Felix - Spring DM server - Eclipse IDE [message #1710391 is a reply to message #1220670] Tue, 06 October 2015 11:54 Go to previous message
David Benoit is currently offline David BenoitFriend
learn from this link http://eclipse.org/libra/documentation/video/ i think its enough from newbie like me

[Updated on: Wed, 26 August 2020 14:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Install New Software shows error dialog when clicked
Next Topic:Help to recovery files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:48:37 GMT 2024