Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » [P2] RCP Export keeps old repo location in prefs
[P2] RCP Export keeps old repo location in prefs [message #848803] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:35 Go to next message
Olivier Labrosse is currently offline Olivier LabrosseFriend
Hi, I have a relatively simple setup where I manually export my RCP product whenever I need to (from the product file editor), and I hit an issue with the p2 repository location; something to do with caching, it seems.

When I first implemented the p2 update functionality, I used a local file repo location, set in my p2.inf file. I made a few exports with this configuration, which worked great. But when I changed the location to HTTP for my release, that's when the issue appeared.

The issue is that the repository locations, saved in the *.repository.prefs files found under the application's "p2" folder, include both the old file repo URI and the new HTTP repo URI.

I tried searching for some p2 configuration file in my eclipse installation and in my workspace metadata, but couldn't find anything related to this issue. Then I thought maybe it's tied to the RCP export location, so I tried exporting to a different folder. Lo and behold, only the new repo is found in the prefs files. But if I try with the old export folder again, I'm back with both repos in the prefs.

I'd hate to have to change the export folder, since I have other tools configured to look for the export in that specific folder. Can someone tell me how to reset this "cache" so that I can export with the p2 prefs pointing solely to the (new) HTTP repo?

Thanks very much for your support.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2012 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [P2] RCP Export keeps old repo location in prefs [message #848888 is a reply to message #848803] Wed, 18 April 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Olivier Labrosse is currently offline Olivier LabrosseFriend
I ran "eclipse -clean" and it solved the issue.

I'd still like to know if there's anything less drastic that could be done, for future reference.

Thanks again.
Previous Topic:p2: Unable to specify an associate/referenced repository
Next Topic:disable bundle verification during P2 update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:08:00 GMT 2024