Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Multiple products in one "export" folder
Multiple products in one "export" folder [message #848402] Wed, 18 April 2012 07:31 Go to next message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Hello,

My workspace has currently 3 plugins: a core plug-in, a UI plug-in and an editor plug-in (UI plug-in which allows the user to edit some data files used by the core plugin, editor not meaning an Eclipse editor but a program that allows the user to edit something).

Both the UI plug-in and the editor are RCP products. Now, what I would like to have is that both these products are exported to the same folder: the editor is responsible to edit data files that will be used by the UI plugin, so they are related and belongs to the same "installation".

I would like to have 2 exes and 2 *.ini files. They will both share the same set of plugins.
Is this possible ?

Thank you,
Cédric
Re: Multiple products in one "export" folder [message #855122 is a reply to message #848402] Tue, 24 April 2012 14:42 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

What if you just generate the one install, and then copy one exe/ini and update it with a -product\n<second.product.id> ?

There's a more complicated way that allows a shared bundle pool with completely different executables/branding/architectures: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5856735/multiple-eclipse-profiles/5875522#5875522

PW

Previous Topic:Views and Editors in same folder?
Next Topic:Updating a toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:57:17 GMT 2024