Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Starting a new Graphiti project
Starting a new Graphiti project [message #847438] Tue, 17 April 2012 09:58 Go to next message
IKOU TUNE is currently offline IKOU TUNEFriend
Hello,

Currently I'm thinking about implementing my first Graphiti editor. I have consulted the documentation of
Graphiti, and also the tutorial given within it.
It is explained these points :
- How does Graphiti work.
- For the tutorial there is Implementation of a Diagram type provider, feature provider and features
But, What is unclear is how can I deal to build my own tool, based in my Ecore Model as domain model??
Really, I don't know how to start? and what type of project should I select?

Pleaaaaaase, I need the answer early!

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
IKOU
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #847670 is a reply to message #847438] Tue, 17 April 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
You can start as desrcibed in the written tutorial, defining your diagram type and diagram type provider in plugin.xml and implementing your diagram type provider, feature provider and features. Referencing your model should be simply replacing references to EMF ecore model (and its plugin) with yout model.

Michael
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #847700 is a reply to message #847670] Tue, 17 April 2012 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IKOU TUNE is currently offline IKOU TUNEFriend
Thank you Michael.
I know this.
What I want to understand is
But, what type of project select when launching Eclipse ? Is it a simple java project, in which, I import the Graphiti libraries in a first step, and I create my sources and the file pluguin.xml in a second step?

Thank you very much for your patience.
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #847744 is a reply to message #847700] Tue, 17 April 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need an Eclipse plugin project. Isn't that mentioned in the tutorial? If not it should be added.

Michael
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #871457 is a reply to message #847744] Sun, 13 May 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas herbert is currently offline thomas herbertFriend
Hi
I was going through the pgraphiti tutorial today. But I'm not sure how i can import or user my own existing metamodel to build an editor for it.
Can someone please explain to me how this is done?

br
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #873592 is a reply to message #871457] Fri, 18 May 2012 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi Thomas,

If you are using an EMF based metamodel you can simply make reference to it as an import in the your feature definitions. The tutorial uses EClass. Essentially you will need to define features for each element in your model.

For instance if you have a model:
MyModel
with an element
Xelem
you would define a CreateXelemFeature class (and AddXelemFeature and so on). Instead of an EClass object you would create an Xelem object...

I hope this helps.

Joe
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #1369362 is a reply to message #847438] Tue, 20 May 2014 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashfaqur Rahman is currently offline Ashfaqur RahmanFriend
Hey,

There are couple of tutorials online showing how to get started with Graphiti.

Check out this page. Google search "Ancit Consulting" -> Go to Tutorials -> Scroll down for the Graphiti Tutorials.

Good Luck Razz
Re: Starting a new Graphiti project [message #1374102 is a reply to message #1369362] Thu, 22 May 2014 13:21 Go to previous message
Thanks for sharing this. The tutorials are also linked from the Graphiti
page at http://www.eclipse.org/graphiti/

Michael
Previous Topic:Layout Service
Next Topic:Graphiti wont reset need-update marking after update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:50 GMT 2024