Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Loading the itens of a JComboBox from the database breaks windowbuilder
icon9.gif  Loading the itens of a JComboBox from the database breaks windowbuilder [message #846870] Mon, 16 April 2012 20:41 Go to next message
Fernando Missing name is currently offline Fernando Missing nameFriend
Hi,

What I would like to do is this.

Step 1. load the itens of a combobox from the database
Step 2. set these itens into a combobox

The problem I'm facing is:

1. WindowBuilder is actually trying to execute this code whenever I'm viewing that specific Panel in its editor.
2. If I have no connection with the database it simple give us an error saying that it is not possible to connect. But I would like to edit my Panel, using WindowBuilder, without a connection with DB.
3. If I HAVE a connection with the database it takes some time to open the editor (because it goes to the database to get the itens), but it works. The BIG issue is that the eclipse stop working (i.e. it simply freezes and closes) some time later.

Anyone have this problem?
How do you guys perform this task?
Is there a way to make windowbuilder "ignore" (i.e. do not execute it) the step 1 (load the itens of a combobox from the database) when Editing the Panel? I've tried //$hide>>$ and //$hide<<$ but it does not work also.

Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Fernando Rubbo

P.S.: attached is the error if I have no connection with the database

Re: Loading the itens of a JComboBox from the database breaks windowbuilder [message #847543 is a reply to message #846870] Tue, 17 April 2012 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You should be using Beans.isDesignTime() as described in the FAQ.
Re: Loading the itens of a JComboBox from the database breaks windowbuilder [message #847880 is a reply to message #847543] Tue, 17 April 2012 18:46 Go to previous message
Fernando Missing name is currently offline Fernando Missing nameFriend
Thank you very much..
That was exactly what I was looking for. Up until now no problems.

Thanks again
Previous Topic:Wrong class resolution during bind with elementName
Next Topic:Integrate referenceSize of PicturePanel (with ScalablePictureLayout if NOT Beans.isDesignTime())
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:08:04 GMT 2024