Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » General special characters(General special characters misinterpret in Editor)
General special characters [message #846617] Mon, 16 April 2012 09:20 Go to next message
Kollin Krause is currently offline Kollin KrauseFriend
Hello Everbody!

I chose general special characters in my Jubula test.
I use a component with text input "Input Text" and i will insert following three characters inside the parameter value string:

'=', '{' and '}' and after the executed test the same characters i will find in my editor.

In the Jubula help documention i find the chapter 9. "Special characters in Jubula" but this it's no help.
I must the '=' character write in the mapped version '\='.

When i input the text with the characters in the parameter value and execute my test, then i find the following changed characters in the editor:

'\=' --> '0'
'{' --> '('
'}' --> ')'

Any ideas or hints what can i do to get the same characters in my editor after my test?

Thanks!!!
Re: General special characters [message #846625 is a reply to message #846617] Mon, 16 April 2012 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Can you provide some more details about what toolkit your AUT uses (RCP? If so - which Eclipse version?), what platform you are on and what the keyboard layout for your system and your AUT configuration is?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: General special characters [message #846633 is a reply to message #846625] Mon, 16 April 2012 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your fast answer!

Here are some more details from my environment:

AUT Toolkit for test specification: RCP
Ecipse Version: 3.7.0
Platform: Windows XP SP3
Keyboard Layout from system: German (Germany)
Keyboard Layout from the AUT configuration: English (United States)

Thanks,
Kollin
Re: General special characters [message #846640 is a reply to message #846633] Mon, 16 April 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for the details - it'll be the keyboard layout - the one in the AUT configuration has to be the same as the one on the system Smile

HTH,
Alex
Re: General special characters [message #847272 is a reply to message #846640] Tue, 17 April 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

when i changed the keyboard layout form the system to english (United States), then it works! Wink ... but when i changed the keyboard layout form the AUT configuration to German (Germany), then i get this error in my test suites:

"The AUT for this test suite does not support the currently chosen working language."

what can i do?
I need the German (Germany) keyboard layout in my system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Re: General special characters [message #847334 is a reply to message #847272] Tue, 17 April 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think you are getting confused between AUT Language and Keyboard Configuration for the AUT configuration - these are two separate things. It sounds like you changed the AUT Language instead of the keyboard layout.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: General special characters [message #1415681 is a reply to message #847334] Wed, 03 September 2014 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hello peoples,

i have a similar problem regarging special characters:
i have in the AUT an amount field containing: $ 0,00
and i have a checktext on this field, TEXT: \$.*
OPERATOR: matches
i should expect that this test is successfull, but it fails:
Pattern: $.*
Actual Value: $ 0,00

what am i doing wrong?
thanks in advance
kind regards,
Jurjen
Re: General special characters [message #1415748 is a reply to message #1415681] Wed, 03 September 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

try it with three backslashes Smile I can't remember the exact reason, but it's something to do with masking the character once because it's a regular expression special character, once for our own special character (the variable sign) and once because backslash itself is a special character. I tried this \\\$.* and it worked.

Let me know!
Alex
Re: General special characters [message #1416101 is a reply to message #1415748] Thu, 04 September 2014 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi Alex,

i understand. now i have tried it and it works!
many thanks!
kind regards,
Jurjen
Re: General special characters [message #1794217 is a reply to message #1416101] Mon, 27 August 2018 15:37 Go to previous message
Imam Fahlevi is currently offline Imam FahleviFriend
Hi, anybody here know how to put new line character for text input??
Previous Topic:User defined functions: extension functions 1 HowTo
Next Topic:new line characters in input text - need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:37:42 GMT 2024