Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Quick diff bug?
Quick diff bug? [message #846169] Sun, 15 April 2012 20:57 Go to next message
Fred Garlov is currently offline Fred GarlovFriend
Hello,

after saving a file, quick diff disappears. As reference I have "A Git Revision" setting under General->Editors->Text Editors->Quick Diff

is this a bug? I'd like to see all changes compared to HEAD

Regards
Fred
Re: Quick diff bug? [message #846632 is a reply to message #846169] Mon, 16 April 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
This works fine for me in EGit 2.0.0.201204130249 and has worked fine for quite a long time, even before 1.0 as I recall. You're sure you have Quick Diff configured to use "A Git Revision" as the point of reference? The behavior you describe sounds like the "Version on Disk" option.

Speaking of these reference options, is there some reason why the Git option isn't called "Git HEAD revision"? "A Git Revision" seems pointlessly vague. Or is there some way I don't know about to make Git quick-diff be relative to a Git reference other than HEAD?
Re: Quick diff bug? [message #846838 is a reply to message #846632] Mon, 16 April 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like EGit does not work in editor at all. I can clone projects from EGit perspective. But in Editor window add, stage, commit are not possible. Context menu of a file doesn't offer those commands. Any thoughts?
Re: Quick diff bug? [message #846869 is a reply to message #846838] Mon, 16 April 2012 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usually it means you imported the projects without going through git.

The easiest fix is to remove the projects from the workspace and re-import them, either with "File -> Import -> Git - > Projects from Git", or by adding your local clone to the Git Repositories view and then running "Import Projects..." from the right-click menu of the newly added repository entry.
Re: Quick diff bug? [message #846928 is a reply to message #846869] Mon, 16 April 2012 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"by adding your local clone to the Git Repositories view and then running "Import Projects...""

Hey, that did worked!
Thank you very much!
Re: Quick diff bug? [message #847644 is a reply to message #846632] Tue, 17 April 2012 14:13 Go to previous message
R Shapiro wrote on Mon, 16 April 2012 07:58
is there some way I don't know about to make Git quick-diff be relative to a Git reference other than HEAD?

No one responded to this but I just stumbled over the answer: the right-click menu of commits in a History list includes "Quick Diff -> Set as Baseline". So that's apparently how the Quick Diff can be relative to something other than HEAD.

Yet another useful but somewhat hidden egit feature to add my egit notes.

Previous Topic:Working with Sub Repositories - .git files ignored
Next Topic:Egit + p4merge ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:12:06 GMT 2024