Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » xdebug woes
xdebug woes [message #846056] Sun, 15 April 2012 18:11 Go to next message
Alan Chandler is currently offline Alan ChandlerFriend
I am just starting to try and debug a yii framework application running Eclipse on a linux machine.

A few minutes ago, everytime I started a debugging session it work load up the first file of the application (index.php) and I could single step through it. I was serving it at http://yii.home via an apache virtual host. The last line of that file is a call to the yii framework, which is sitting outside of the web space, and as soon as I tried to single step into that call, I would get a message from Eclipse saying the script had terminated.

The web browser was now saying that it was unable to find url http://www.yii.home. This is unsurprising since that url doesn't exist.

Where is Eclipse/Xdebug getting this non existant url from?

However as soon as I started to write this post things have changed. Now when I start the debug run, the whole set of files run to completion without breaking at all (despite the setting for the debugger to break on the first line). I've tried shutting down Eclipse and restarting Apache to get things to start working again, but now they don't and I am getting the symptoms I have seen other people have when they can't get debugging to work.

Any idea where this last change came from?

Re: xdebug woes [message #847280 is a reply to message #846056] Tue, 17 April 2012 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fixed the problem, and found what looks like a hard bug.

I blew my old configuration away, removing all traces of the various hidden files etc that Eclipse had left around my project. I also blew away my Eclipse installation and installed a fresh copy of 3.7 (base platform). Installed the PDT SDK from within that platform.

Created a new project in a different workspace and told it to just import the existing files.

I then carefully set up a debugging environment (correcting it when it incorrectly autobuilt the url), and making sure I correctly mapped workspace paths to the urls

I then started a debug session and it worked. Except for 1 (Possibly two - although the second may have been the same as the first) problem(s):-

1. Selecting the "Variables" tab caused a Session terminated Error
  2. Single Stepping into the Yii framework failed and I had to set a breakpoint inside it (it may have been problem 1, in that I was single stepping in with the "Variables" tab selected)

Re: xdebug woes [message #847362 is a reply to message #847280] Tue, 17 April 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Try googling "unexpected termination of script,debugging ended".

BTW,
>Where is Eclipse/Xdebug getting this non existant url from?
Try googling "domain guesiing".
Re: xdebug woes [message #847396 is a reply to message #847362] Tue, 17 April 2012 09:01 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Tue, 17 April 2012 04:24
Try googling "unexpected termination of script,debugging ended".

BTW,
>Where is Eclipse/Xdebug getting this non existant url from?
Try googling "domain guesiing".

It seems to be a long standing bug in either PDT or Xdebug.

I wonder if its related to the debugger trying to read Private or Protected class variables and failing in some way?

I submitted a bug report.
Previous Topic:newbe trying to configure pdt.. Help please
Next Topic:conflicting dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:18:28 GMT 2024