Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » newbe trying to configure pdt.. Help please
newbe trying to configure pdt.. Help please [message #844449] Sat, 14 April 2012 02:11 Go to next message
Bill Dunn is currently offline Bill DunnFriend
I am using windows 7. I downloaded the eclipse-pdt from zend (zend-eclipse-php-helios-win32-x86.zip)that is supposed to be ready to go but when I try to debug a simple hello world script I get a message that the PHP Executable needs to be set.

What is the PHP Executable?? is that the name of the file I am trying to debug, if so where do I set it up??

Does this package come with a php server installed or do I have to install something on my system?? some of the configuration help I have seen tells me to run this script:

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

How do I do this in eclipse????

I totally lost. I hope someone can shine a little light on me since I am really in the dark

Thanks,
Bill
Re: newbe trying to configure pdt.. Help please [message #846660 is a reply to message #844449] Mon, 16 April 2012 14:42 Go to previous message
Bill Dunn is currently offline Bill DunnFriend
The light finally went on....Yes I need a server. I downloaded the zend server loaded my projects in C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2\htdocs, set permissions to all privileges there and the zend studio started working sort as expected. I was not able to get the eclipse pdt to be able to debug at all.

I have since deleted all of the pdt, eclipse, and zend stuff and am using the netbeans ide with php. WOW what an easy ide to use. Check it out if you just need to develop php, java, c++ or whatever.

Words to the wise.
Previous Topic:Recommended Base Install?
Next Topic:xdebug woes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:07:40 GMT 2024