Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing Tabbed Editors(Jubula fails to recognize components on different tabs)
Testing Tabbed Editors [message #843829] Fri, 13 April 2012 12:02 Go to next message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
Hi there,

I am currently trying to test one of our editors. It is a tabbed editor with multiple tab-pages that contains multiple generic tables with buttons. I am using the same generic tables with buttons on the first tab and on the different tabs as well. I want to test if the buttons are enabled or disabled according to the application state.

Accrodingly the test-case is doing the following:

- Opening the Editor.
- Selecting the first tab.
- Check table one.
- Check table two.
- Selecting the second tab.
- Check table one.
- Check table two.

After the second tab is selected the checks fail, telling me that the components could not be found. Nevertheless the object mapping works fine. I also set individual names to the different components using the TEST_COMP_NAME. Still no work around fixed the problem.

The following picture is showing the technical names for one of the buttons from the first tab in the editor. It was possible to check its enabled state succesfully.
index.php/fa/7884/0/

The following picture is showing the technical names for one of the buttons from the second tab in the editor. In this case the component could not be found.
index.php/fa/7883/0/

I hope someone has a good suggestion how to overcome this trouble.

Thank you

Phil

[Updated on: Fri, 13 April 2012 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #843914 is a reply to message #843829] Fri, 13 April 2012 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

What i should mention additionally is, that my testcase used to work before i added any TEST_COMP_NAME data. I had to change that, because of some other issues.

Cheers

Phil
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #843932 is a reply to message #843914] Fri, 13 April 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Phil,

I have a few questions to clarify this behaviour:

1. When you have the correct editor page open, does "highlight in AUT" (available in the context menu when the object mapping mode is running) show you the component you expect, or can the component also not be found in this way? If the component can be found, then I would suspect timing issues.

2. When you collect the component using the mapping mode, what colour is the decoration next to the technical name? (red, for example would mean that even straight after collecting the name, Jubula can't reliably re-find the component).

3. Could it be the case that components used at other points in the hierarchy are re-generated at times (e.g. what was Composite_1 is suddenly Composite_2)? That could also explain the component not found.

If none of these suggestions help, then let us know.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #844006 is a reply to message #843932] Fri, 13 April 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Alex,

I tried to follow your advice.

1. Once Jubula fails to find the component and shows me the test report, I open the OM-Tool. I can see that my editor-under-test was switched to the correct tab-page by jubula. Using the OM-Tool "Highlight in AUT" for this button does not work. It needs to be mentioned that the editor page is using a scrolled form, therefore the button is out of sight. Nevertheless just clicking once on the tab of my editor and directly going back to the OM-Tool, the OM-Tool is capable of highlighting the button, eventhough it is out of sight. Additionally i rechecked on timing issues by just letting jubula wait for 5secs after selecting the tab-page.

2. All the decorations for the buttons are showing a green indicator.

3. No, the hierarchy is not regenerated. I started to put some extra naming into the hierarchy just to be sure, and for fixing the names. At the stage where the component could not be found the hierarchy looks like this:
index.php/fa/7889/0/

After that I cut the link in the OM-Tool and used the Tool to find the button again. The hierarchy seems identical:
index.php/fa/7890/0/

Unfortunately no solution so far Sad .

Cheers

Phil

Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #844330 is a reply to message #844006] Fri, 13 April 2012 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Alex,

I spent some more time to find some workaround. Unfortunately I have not been successful, but I was able to figure out some more information.

If I am trying to check the enabled state of the table it works fine. No matter if the table is within or out of sight of the scrolling editor. The buttons are placed in an extra container right below the table, maybe its the extra bit in the hierarchy that is disturbing.

Attached is the hierarchy to the references table which can be found. the buttons right below cannot be detected.
index.php/fa/7893/0/

Cheers

Phil
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #846524 is a reply to message #844330] Mon, 16 April 2012 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Phil,

It could indeed be a problem with scrolling at the moment. Can you check if:

a) you manually scroll so that the button can be seen whether it works?
b) instead of performing a check, you perform a click - what happens then?

Also, any entries in the log may be useful at this point.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #846666 is a reply to message #846524] Mon, 16 April 2012 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another possibility that a colleague suggested to me is that Jubula can't correctly find the components after switching the tab because the tabbed page itself has not yet been activated. You could try adding a "click in component" to the tabbed page itself (just clicking in the middle should work) to see if that helps at all.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #847462 is a reply to message #846666] Tue, 17 April 2012 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

thanks for your support so far. Still nothing realy helped. The click into component did not make a difference. I actually tried to move the buttons on top of the table, so that they are clearly within sight (I attached a picture). But again, the component could not be found. The table below is clearly identified. Your second idea of trying to click them (i changed them to be enabled) did not help as well.

index.php/fa/7936/0/

I will recheck our implementation, maybe we messed something up with the composite that is grouping the buttons. Still i dont see why it is working well with the first (Parameters)tab, but not the others. It doesn't look to promising at the moment Sad

Cheers

Phil
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #847542 is a reply to message #847462] Tue, 17 April 2012 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Alex,

I tried to introduce a dummy button, it is placed into the same composite as the table. As I mentioned, the table can be found and this has not changed. Nevertheless the dummy button cannot be found like the other buttons.

index.php/fa/7945/0/

This raised my attention, hence I added another dummy textfield as well. The dummy textfield is identified same as the table. Nevertheless none of the buttons can be found. To me this indicates some problem in jubula not beeing able to find the buttons correctly after a tab change. What do you think?

index.php/fa/7946/0/

Cheers Phil
Re: Testing Tabbed Editors [message #849789 is a reply to message #847542] Thu, 19 April 2012 13:02 Go to previous message
Hi There.

Found a WORKAROUND Very Happy !!! As mentioned before the test used to work before we introduced the technicla names. Nevertheless we needed the technical names due to some problems with our generic tables. Accordingly i went half way back and removed the technical names from all buttons but left them with tables and the composites in particular. Even though I don't realy fency this approach Confused still it is a reasonable fix for us. Apparently the hierarchy given by the composites helps to clearly identify the buttons even without technical names.

index.php/fa/7991/0/

Hope this gives some help to others encountering similar problems.

Cheers

Phil
Previous Topic:Building for Dummys
Next Topic:Custom ComboBox not readable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:57:59 GMT 2024